June 2011 Moms
Options

Props to single moms...

Tomorrow DH will finally be home, having been gone for a total of 9 days.  It's been rough for a good portion of the time, not bad others.  But I don't think I've got much sleep nor have I eaten much during this time.  My 13 year old niece did spend the day with me Monday and Tuesday, enough for me to get some cleaning done.  At least when he's she'll be a year older when he gets deployed next year.  But I don't know how I'm going to handle an entire year. 

I did figure out some things this week:  bathing her on my own (I was scared to...she is a slippery child!), showering while she's awake (I put her in her carseat and sat her on the bathroom floor, talking to her the whole time and peaking out on occasion), yesterday I actually got her to chill in the swing for a while and today we did even better (getting her in there when she looks like she's about to pass out helped).  The trick to telling if she's in a deep sleep?  If the dog barks and she doesn't flinch, she is out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Props to single moms...

• Options
    I agree, except I'm kind of a "single" mom for a year with her and my SD every other weekend.  I always joke with my DH that the next LO will seem like a breeze since I'll have his help when we have the next LO.  But I'm very glad I have someone here to keep me busy while he's gone :)
  • Options

imageBrandySun:

The trick to telling if she's in a deep sleep?  If the dog barks and she doesn't flinch, she is out.

Good one!  I was so pissed when I finally got DD to sleep the other day and then the dogs woke her up not a minute later.  I wanted to cry b/c I was planning on taking a nap myself.  Needless to say, I never did get that nap. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member
    Yes Good job Momma!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

By next year you'll be a pro at handling her on your own! If I can do it with 4 while DH is deployed now, you can do it with one :) It still sucks either way when DH is gone though :(

When I had my first, I used to take the baby monitor into the bathroom with me to shower. I would lay DD on the floor on her play mat with the monitor right next to her. I found that worked really well. Now I hide in the shower when I want to be alone...lol. Well not really but a shower is my only escape most of the time!

• Options

I give you tons of credit.

DH had drill today and was suppose to spend the night on post but I needed him to come home.  Between DD acting like she a hyperactive lunatic and me dealing with a clogged duct that's quickly becoming infected I about lost my mind.

I was just thinking to myself I don't know how people handle being a single parent.

• Options
    imagecrysawhit:

I give you props though, I don't know how all of you deal with having an SO who is/is getting deployed!

This is my first one as the "army wife"  so I'm learning as I go.  It's hard, but there are a lot of great programs for us to use.  For example I have a volunteer mowing my lawn in the summer and he'll plow my driveway in the winter.  It helps out soo much!  I just try to stay busy and take lots of photos for DH!  But I know he's coming back home to us and I won't be a "single" mom for very long 

• Options
    My DH is gone for 3 months and it's so hard! I don't know how you single moms do it but props to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"