Baby Showers

Need a little help with wording...

So I'm having a bit of trouble writing one of my thank you notes & I was hoping maybe one of you ladies can point me in the right direction...

The problem is I never actually met this woman until my shower - she was invited at the request of my MIL (her & my MIL have been friends since DH was very young - he event spent a lot of time with her for play-dates, etc) and she gave us a collection of great practical gifts (bibs, socks, car/travel bottle warmer, nipple/paci dishwasher basket, onsies, baby memory book & pacifiers).  So far all I can think of is this....

Dear ___,

Thank you so much for all the wonderful baby goodies: I know we are going to get a lot of great use out of all of them! DH was touched that you came to the shower and we both really appreciate your care & support for DH, Baby K & I !

...and there I draw a blank... I feel like it needs more but I just can't get past it and I think it probably needs to be longer than 2 sentences. All my other thank you notes are atleast 5-6 sentences & include some sort of personal note but I have nothing personal to add to this one - I dont even know that she'll ever be around LO once she comes (but she did ask to be notified when we go to the hospital for the birth?...will let MIL handle that one...)

Any ideas? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need a little help with wording...

• I don't know, I think you said pretty much all you need to say.  I don't think thank you cards have to be long letters.  Maybe you can mention that it was so nice to finally meet her?  That's all I can think of.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You might want to name some of the items so that it seems a little less one size fit all thank you note even though she gave you a lot of things. Also see if DH wants to add a special note of his own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Loading the player...
  • What about something along the lines of "it was wonderful to meet you, DH has always thought highly of you/spoke of you with affection/etc." At the very least you should say it was nice to meet her :P

And I agree that you should definitely have your husband write a note in there.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageteaandsympathy:

What about something along the lines of "it was wonderful to meet you, DH has always thought highly of you/spoke of you with affection/etc." At the very least you should say it was nice to meet her :P

And I agree that you should definitely have your husband write a note in there.  

i would say something along those lines, too.

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Maybe you could point out one of the items. I usually write, like you did, thanks for the baby goodies...then I say "I especially love the blank blank. It will be so fun when we give the baby a bath" or something along those lines. That will make it a little longer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Include a personal note about one of the gifts. "I can't wait to see Baby in the cute green socks.  Can you believe her feet will be that tiny?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"