June 2011 Moms
Options

Don't Forget the Daycare Labels!

I was visiting one of my friends this afternoon and she showed me these adorable labels she bought for her DS's belongings when he goes to daycare next week. I didn't even think to label DD's stuff when she starts daycare so I thought I'd pass along a reminder! I bought some cute labels from namebubbles.com.

Re: Don't Forget the Daycare Labels!

• Options
    I got mine on etsy.com.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My SIL gave us some when Ty was born. Not sure where she got them made but they so adorable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just looking at those on etsy today! Love namebubbles.com, but theirs are about twice what I want to spend unfortunately. 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Vistaprint.com has free address labels that you can use for daycare labels. There are a few cute designs. I made some cute porcupine/hedgehog labels for DS. I only had to pay shipping ($2-3).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are labels necessary?  I just figured I'd write his name in Sharpie on the bottles, etc.  Are the labels you're talking about stickers or the kind you sew into their clothes?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The namebubbles.com labels are too cute! I'm thinking about getting those for DD when she goes to daycare in December. I'm hoping maybe they'll have a promotional discount or something in the meantime. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I considered writing her name but from what I've read, the stickers are more permanent. If you get washable/laundry-safe/dishwasher and microwave-safe stickers, they should stick for a looooong time, despite getting them wet. As for address labels, I heart Vistaprint (I always buy my labels from there) but a regular address label won't hold up through the dishwasher or washing machine. As for the price, I got 90-some skinny labels for $20. Yes, its $20 I didn't want to spend, but I think it will be worth it because they will last for a long time. I looked on etsy.com and I was convinced that they would stick as long as the namebubbles.com labels. Plus some of the etsy.com stickers were just as much as the ones I bought.

• Options
    cvl105cvl105 member

Those are cute.

I'm thinking that I should just get ones with our last name on them. I want to use the same bottles down the line and it seems like these labels really last. Would that be weird to just put our last name on it for daycare?

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

depends on your daycare. Ours is pretty strict. They want first name/last name on every article of clothing, every bottle, every paci, etc. So I don't want to have to label and relabel stuff constantly as it gets washed, so the waterproof and iron on labels are definitely the way to go for us!

We also have to label each bottle with the date, but I'm thinking I'll do that with dry erase marker or a sharpie/painters tape each day.  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    Good point. My daycare may require full name too. I'll have to call. Does anyone have experience with these? Do they come off if you want them to come off?
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

Hi there,

Just wanted to mention that Lovable Labels has labels for everything daycare as well! Check it out at www.lovablelabels.ca There also labels for Parents too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"