Austin Babies
Options

? about college graduations

I'm currently in an online master's program.  I'll finish up my coursework and internship in December.  However, I think that because their graduation is in December (and I'll still be in a class) that I probably won't be eligible for that one.  Does that mean that I won't officially have my M.Ed. until May when they have their next graduation ceremony?  What if I don't want to go?  That doesn't seem right that I'd have to wait to "have" my degree for five months but in their FAQ section it says that in order to have your degree conferred, you have to apply for graduation. 

I'm going to email them but I thought we had someone who works at a university so I thought someone might know. TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? about college graduations

• Options
    Your degree should be dated in December after your final class... there is no way that you'll have to wait till May.  Especially since you don't have to 'walk' to graduate.  Make sense?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Applying to graduate doesn't mean the same as walking. The semester you intend to finish all requirements is the semester you apply to graduate in. You don't have to walk ever, btw, if you don't want to. When I did my undergrad, I graduated in December and applied for graduation in December. I had the choice to walk in December, May or both.
    We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks, this makes me feel much better!

So, maybe when I apply to graduate they'll know that I'm still in class and just approve it pending my finalized class?  Surely, they encounter this all the time.  (Just thinking out loud here...)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJess.O:

So, maybe when I apply to graduate they'll know that I'm still in class and just approve it pending my finalized class?  Surely, they encounter this all the time.  (Just thinking out loud here...)

Yep!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    imageMrsNole:
    imageJess.O:

Yep!

Ditto.  There is an official graduation date for each semester that has absolutely nothing to do with the date of the graduation ceremony.  Check your course catalog/school calendar.  That will be the date on your diploma.  You apply for your intent to graduate and once all your grades come in, they'll issue your diploma.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"