TTC after 35
Options

Lurker coming out -- Intro

Hi all!  I mostly post on 3T, but have been lurking here a lot so I thought I should do an intro.  I'm fast-approaching 37 and still ttc our first (trying since December '09).  I've been diagnosed with DOR and we're heading to our first IVF in October.  Testing/DX info is in my siggy, for anyone who is interested.  I am nervous about it, but trying to stay hopeful. 

Most of my immediate family and friends know the sitch, but we are keeping DH's family totally in the dark (they don't even know we ever started TTC) because MIL is super-duper nosey and pushy and does not know the meaning of the word "discretion", so we just don't want to deal with her (and everyone in her extended family from 10 different states) knowing our business. 

I wish I had intesting things to tell you about myself, but I'm pretty boring.  I'm obsessed with interior design/home renovations, have one furbaby mutt, too much free time (lost my job last fall and haven't found a new one yet) and could stand to lose about 50 pounds (hoping to lose at least 10-15 between now and October).  Looking forward to chatting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lurker coming out -- Intro

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    Hey there! A few of us have DOR on here...so we can all share info. Good luck on planning for your first ivf.
    ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there, I recognize you from tttc. I am quickly approaching 38. Not sure how that happened!! Lots of DOR ladies here and IVF'ers. I am stimming now. Gl!!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

Hi, I can relate to having a super-duper nosey, pushy MIL who doesn't know the word discretion. I have one of those too! Seems like she's asking if I'm pregnant every other day. Quite annoying. I didn't want her to know we were even trying, but somehow she wrangled it out of my stepmom (who would have NEVER told her anything intentionally because she knows how the woman is).

I just turned 37, but it feels like I've been 37 all year. Somehow I missed 36. Not sure how that happened.

Anyway, good luck!

~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • Options
    imagejennasita:

Hi, I can relate to having a super-duper nosey, pushy MIL who doesn't know the word discretion. I have one of those too! Seems like she's asking if I'm pregnant every other day. Quite annoying. I didn't want her to know we were even trying, but somehow she wrangled it out of my stepmom (who would have NEVER told her anything intentionally because she knows how the woman is).

I just turned 37, but it feels like I've been 37 all year. Somehow I missed 36. Not sure how that happened.

Anyway, good luck!

This would totally be my MIL.  I can actually hear her in my head, asking "so, any news to report?" every freaking time she calls.  I will kill anyone who tells her that we're even trying! 

• Options
    Don't they realize that if there were any news to report that we'd have told them? Sheesh...
    ~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • Options

ELF! Good to "see" you over here. There are a lot of great women on this board, and many are DOR as well. Did I mention to you on 3T that my initials are ELBF, so every time I see your s/n I think of my initials. Actually I had a hard time keeping both my middle and maiden names, so some documents are EBF and others are ELF. One of these days I'll need to fix it.

Anyway, welcome! I may need to pick your brain about home decorating/renovating. We just moved and are "planning" our renovation. I quote planning b/c we are still very loose about the whole thing and timing.

• Options

Thanks ladies.  Look forward to talking with you more.  

*lucyspeople* -- that's funny about your initials.  My local board does a yearly ornament exchange through Elfster, and every time I see a mention of Elfster, I have to remind myself they're not talking to me!

• Options

Welcome!  I feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to MIL's.  I am so lucky beause mine is amazing!  I actually call her mom.  She & FIL went with me to the RE last week because I still couldn't drive after my neck surgery, so they know where we're at with everything.  It helps take the pressure off a little bit from the whole process. 

I hope that you enjoy your stay with us & that it isn't long!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"