High-Risk Pregnancy

Compound hetero MTHFR questions

Hi everyone- I have been posting on a few other boards and was directed here. I am not pregnant yet but have suffered from 3 losses. I just was diagnosed with compound heterozygous MTHFR and have a million questions it seems.

For any of you with experience with this, are you on levonox injections or just baby asprin? When did you start the injections if you are on them? What will labor and delivery be like? Sorry if this is too much, I am just so confused. I see the OB again on monday, I don't know if I should switch to a RE though. THe closest RE is over an hour away!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, TIA!!!

Re: Compound hetero MTHFR questions

• I have heteroMTHFR, but I don't think it's compound.  I started seeing a RE after my third loss and he put me on baby aspirin.  I got pg and lost twins at 7 weeks, not sure if it had anything to do with the aspirin or not.  I switched to a different RE and he put me on 40mg Lovenox as well.  It seems to be working so far.  I'm 12w2d today and it's the farthest I've ever gotten.  I also started taking extra folic acid and I think that's helping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't find out until after I had complications so I can't be of any help for pregnancy, but my OB told me that before we TTC again I need to see a RE. MTHFR is a very debateable dx so many DR have differant ways of doing things. I would just encourge you to find a RE that you feel comfortable with and go from there. Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your losses.  I don't know whether mine is compound, but I have hetero. MTHFR as well.  I also have 2 other clotting issues (Factor II/prothrombin and APAS) that dr. feels contributed to my previous pg losses.  I believe for the MTHFR specifically, they put me on folic acid 3 mg daily.  I was told I need to take that for the rest of my life.  For the Factor II mutation, I was put on a baby aspirin and again, I was told I should take that for the rest of my life.  And for the antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, I have to take Heparin or Lovenox injections once pregnancy is confirmed via an ultrasound. 

I know some ladies see a hematologist for their clotting issues.  I don't think it would hurt to see an RE.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"