March 2011 Moms
Options

Coughing, sick or not?

My booger has been doing this cough thing for the past week. I have been wondering if its just his reflexes changing (because we have started feeding him solids) or if he's getting sick. It's been ridiculous hot, so I'm wondering if him going out in the hot car and back into the air conditioning has made him sick. He doesn't have a coughing fit or anything, so for a while I just thought it was him choking a little bit on his saliva or something like that, because he only coughs a few times and then is fine, but now I'm wondering.

Anyone else noticing this in your little ones?  I feel like I'm overreacting but I don't want to ignore it. He just had his 4 month dr's appointment on Monday and she didn't notice anything, but I wasn't worried about it until just today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Coughing, sick or not?

• Options
    my LO is having the same thing! at first i thought it was from her throat being irritated from crying after her shots, but now its a few days later and she still has little coughing fits. not too often, but enouhg to make me wonder if i should call the dr. she doesnt seem to have a fever, so i dont know what they could do anyway though. she just had her shots tuesday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My little one coughs from time to time. I freaked out at first and kept taking her into the peds (when she was really little) but now that shes older, it doesn't freak me out as much.... she coughs just like I would from dust or dry air... etc.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Married Bio

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lo coughs from time to time. I think it's from his reflux or just clearing his throat. It used to concern me, especially b/c he had a lot of congestion, too, but I know his lungs are clear, so I don't really worry about it anymore.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amy259amy259 member
    I think that my LO is doing it because of saliva, which she seems to have WAY more of now. She also coughs and then starts smiling/laughing. I'm not worried about it. If it was a constant cough then I would take her to the dr.
    BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Options

Both my DS & DD get coughs when exposed to too much air conditioning. My doctor doesn't agree with me, but I think it's too darn coincidental that every time it gets hot out and we turn on the air conditioners, they come down with coughs.

I also think my DD tends to cough quite a bit when she's been drooling :)

• Options
    When Landon first figured out how to do that he did it non stop for 2 weeks!
  • Options
    My DD has been coughing a lot. At first I was a little concerned but she doesn't seem sick and I'm starting to think she just learned she could do it. Yesterday she would cough, squeal, then cough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"