Adoption
Options

Florida adoption lawyer ...

anyone know about or work with M.ar.k.  M.ill.er  in Florida?

I like the "situations" he emails out about, and the way he breaks everything down, easy to read, black & white. Risks, financials, it seems all laid out.

But I'm nervous about HOW MANY people are sending themselves in for consideration, and some fine print says "do not send profiles, that's not how the BM's pick you" ???  huh????

He also seems a bit expensive, about $30K for most situations. That seems high for private/direct adoption? His fees alone are $12K, usually the same for BM, + misc.

thx.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence

Re: Florida adoption lawyer ...

• Options
    My DH is an attorney and knows him. We are actually planning to go meet with him after we have some printed copies of our profile. I will let you know what I find out in about 3 weeks.
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

thanks, please do.

If you did not get his email yesterday, there was a very intriguing (?) situation posted. I can pass on the deets if you don't have them.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

While we never matched w/him... we came close.  In my adoption circle, he has a great reputation.  Honest, upfront, reliable. 

In all of the situations we applied with him, we were one of 12 or fewer being presented.  I believe he caps off if he gets too many applicants.  Good luck!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    imageDavezWife:

thanks, please do.

If you did not get his email yesterday, there was a very intriguing (?) situation posted. I can pass on the deets if you don't have them.

We haven't started getting his emails yet. I will PM you my email address.

June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Do you mind sharing with me? And I asked dh to ask one of his partners about him. They graduated law school around the same time, same school.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    WR - u have a pm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"