Natural Birth
Options

I am interested in doing a natural birth....advice?

Hey ladies! I am still pretty early in my pregnancy...a smidge over 11 weeks. I have really been thinking that I would like to do a home birth...with a MW. Any advice? I'm just now starting to look into this...(watched a few documentaries on giving birth in America, etc.) I really dislike how quickly hospitals want to administer medications such as pitocin, etc. I feel like the C-section rate is so high, because doctors just want to get it over with. I would sincerely love some advice from you guys. Thanks. 

Re: I am interested in doing a natural birth....advice?

• Options
    There's a FAQ in my siggy. Start there and if you have more specific questions, ask. I had an entirely natural birth in hospital with a fabulous family doctor that worked with me the whole time.
  • Options
    kxp004kxp004 member

(1) Research research research...then do some more (2) be prepared for people to tell you that you can't do it w/o pain meds, you're being irresponsible and a whole slew of other unwarranted comments (3) stick to your guns if you think that is best but be open to change (4) pick a MW/OB and birthing facility (if you end up not doing a homebirth) that is very supportive of natural birth (5) look into getting a doula and (6) most importantly---know that you can do it

Good Luck! :D

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"