Two Under 2
Options

Sleep Deprivation and Charting

I got my first PP AF last month and I've been charting (I'm on CD17).

Throughout this process, my 9 1/2-month-old has made it impossible for me to:

a) get a good night's rest

b) get a long stretch of sleep prior to temping

All of my non-temp symptoms suggest ovulation: CP (I had a high, soft, open cervix and it is now high, very firm and closed), CM and BM supply (I had a supply dip and it is now back with a vengeance).

My temps, however, are all over the place. I tried to look through FF to see if EBF would be affecting it and decided to check off all specifics. When I checked sleep deprived for nearly every single day, it threw out every single temp.

Should I just pretend I'm not temping? Anyone have experience with this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep Deprivation and Charting

• Options

Right before I thought about ttc for DD, I bought the book taking charge of your fertility. It was great and I started to read it and realized charting while BFing would not really be worth it. SO I just said whatever and figured it would take a while to get pg since my cycles were nuts.....I got pregnant immediately (FWIW I had CM and kinda knew i was Oing..but you never know).

My advice would be to just see what happens, and when your DD is a year and if you still aren't pg, I would try charting again when she isnt nursing so often. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCaitlinJ22:

Right before I thought about ttc for DD, I bought the book taking charge of your fertility. It was great and I started to read it and realized charting while BFing would not really be worth it. SO I just said whatever and figured it would take a while to get pg since my cycles were nuts.....I got pregnant immediately (FWIW I had CM and kinda knew i was Oing..but you never know).

My advice would be to just see what happens, and when your DD is a year and if you still aren't pg, I would try charting again when she isnt nursing so often. 

Thanks -- I actually have the book and should read it a little deeper.

There are a ton of signs that I have ... so I would bank on the fact that I ovulated (and even that I might be PG right now), so I might as well just stop with the temping, I suppose.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageChrissieW3:
    imageCaitlinJ22:

Thanks -- I actually have the book and should read it a little deeper.

There are a ton of signs that I have ... so I would bank on the fact that I ovulated (and even that I might be PG right now), so I might as well just stop with the temping, I suppose.

I would stop temping, with all the waking its prob not accurate. You know your other signs well, Iwould go with those. GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have two kids AND I'm a light sleeper. I typically wake 2-5 times a night. I temp EVERY TIME I wake up, average the temps, and put the average on my chart. FF has always found an O date that matches up with my OPK and CM. You could try that (averaging temps).

Do you use OPKs?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I charted this last cycle while BFing and with crazy sleep patterns (some days I was temping after only 2 hours of sleep and some temps were taken at far different times). Even though my chart was all over the place there was still enough of a temp shift for me to get solid cross hairs along with my CM tracking. I'm not sold that I O'd exactly on the day they gave me, but it was somewhere in that span of 3 days.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageWildcatPrincess:
    I charted this last cycle while BFing and with crazy sleep patterns (some days I was temping after only 2 hours of sleep and some temps were taken at far different times). Even though my chart was all over the place there was still enough of a temp shift for me to get solid cross hairs along with my CM tracking. I'm not sold that I O'd exactly on the day they gave me, but it was somewhere in that span of 3 days.

I just changed one temp so that there were three consecutive shifts and it gave me solid CH. It's right when I am predicting O (considering CM, CP and my BM supply), so I'm going to stick with the edit. :)

• Options
    imagejuliane2004:

I have two kids AND I'm a light sleeper. I typically wake 2-5 times a night. I temp EVERY TIME I wake up, average the temps, and put the average on my chart. FF has always found an O date that matches up with my OPK and CM. You could try that (averaging temps).

Do you use OPKs?

Nah, the entire process of analyzing the results drove me mad. I also found they were uber expensive.

• Options
    imageChrissieW3:
    imagejuliane2004:

Do you use OPKs?

Nah, the entire process of analyzing the results drove me mad. I also found they were uber expensive.

They are expensive if you buy them at Walmart or something. I buy them on ebay and I get 30 tests (plus 10 pregnancy tests) for like $6, so not that expensive at all!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagejuliane2004:
    imageChrissieW3:
    imagejuliane2004:

Do you use OPKs?

They are expensive if you buy them at Walmart or something. I buy them on ebay and I get 30 tests (plus 10 pregnancy tests) for like $6, so not that expensive at all!

Dang, that's a good deal :)

• Options

I charted after having my LO.  As long as you are asleep 1 hour before taking your temp it should be fairly accurate.  I am guessing that your crazy temps have more to do with postpartum.  It is a super hard time to chart!  I had several times where I would have fertile mucous and my temp would rise for a day and then it would drop back down.  My body was trying to ovulate but just could not due to hormones.  I would then have this happen in another 1-2 weeks and finally the third time was a charm and my temp rose.  I would just do your best to take your temp about the same time everyday and it will give you some idea.  I took the postpartum class taught by the couple to couple league.  It is free to take but the manual does cost a bit.  Even just reading the guide might help you understand a lot about postpartum.  I know it really helped me!

https://ccli.org/productsservices/nfp-materials/manuals.php

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"