Parenting after 35

Baby's first tumble

DS was in the middle of the bed while I was putting my make-up on in the bathroom...I was also keeping an eye on him.  DH came home and was in the bedroom, so I assumed he was watching DS.  All of a sudden, I heard a THUD.  DS had rolled off the bed.  Poor little guy screamed his heart out.  I was worried about him being hurt, but once he calmed down, he seemed ok. 

It is still bothering me and it was hours ago.  I know he's going to get hurt along the way, but it really stinks when it's your fault.  Guess I'm no longer a contender for Mother of the Year.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Baby's first tumble

• Ugh. It's such a horrible feeling. We did pretty much the same thing. She went for the edge of the bed and we weren't fast enough. We both felt responsible, we both felt like crap. But... they are resilient little babies. I'm sure he is just fine. Hugs.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG, yeah, that's scary.  Poor Rom, we were on the couch with Margaux between us... I told him to watch her for a second while I picked up something off the floor, and Margaux falls off a few seconds later, hitting her head on the coffee table on the way down.  We both felt horrible for HOURS.  She also rolled off the bed once.  *sympathy*
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • It happens, even when you are vigilant - sometimes they just move too quickly.  If you are not up for mother of the year, DH and I are up for Worst Parents Ever.  DD has fallen off of the bed more than once and has also rolled off of the couch.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • steverstever member

Ug, that's horrible! But it happens to aaallllll of us. I was only two feet away from M when he fell of our bed. It was like it happened in slow motion.

Luckily it happened when our bed was only on the box spring so he didn't have far to go. And I figure them rolling off the bed is our cue that they need to be left on the floor and we need to hop to with the childproofing.

::hugs:: 

• Yep... Charlie gave himself a nice shiner by taking a header off our bed.  I was so embarassed, I didn't leave the house for a week!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It happens to the best of us, just be happy and thankful he wasn't hurt. Dont' kick yourself, he will get enough bruises (afterall he's a boy). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Michael has fallen off the bed twice, he runs with pencils in his hand, when we are upstairs I forget about the baby gate at the top and have caught him on the way down, etc.  I am parent of the year.

I just think "chicks dig scars" and I am helping him pick up women later.  He will have a good scar and the sympathetic story of the mother that let him get it.

• It happens to everyone. I don't remember my kids rolling off a bed, but they did get hurt a few times in other ways when we were watching them. The most important thing is that he is ok.
  • ::still so ashamed:: outside of my parents and MH - I have only told one other person IRL.  DS has already had a fall. I fell asleep when nursing around 4:30 am early on and he fell off my lap from a chair. It was the absolute scariest thing ever in my life.

It took a trip to ER and a CT scan to ensure me I had not damaged this perfect baby I was given. Everyone says he's a boy and will be back to ER, etc over the years. but all I could think of is.. that I did it. I never even got out the gate good for Mom of the Year. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"