Upstate NY Babies

i think i might go back to work earlier than planned. :(

I'm really bummed.. but business at DH's work just isn't what is was last summer.. Basically we're barely getting by.. How can I just take extra weeks off when we can barely afford anything? I reeeeallly don't want to go back.. But I think I might have to. I need to decide like by Sunday, because if I want to start back on the 8th, then I'll have to tell them by Monday.  I feel sick thinking about it.. I went back with Eve at 7.5 weeks, and that will be 8 weeks.. but I just can't picture leaving Natalie yet. I'm heartbroken.. but I know I'll enjoy the rest of the summer more if I'm making some money and we'll have a little wiggle room, ya know?

I am going to talk it over with DH when he gets home tonight.. but I've been thinking about it all day and its probably the right decision. I am crying typing this. It won't be any easier to go back in 3 more weeks than it will be now i guess. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: i think i might go back to work earlier than planned. :(

• imageMelissaSue81:
    It won't be any easier to go back in 3 more weeks than it will be now i guess. 

Very good point.

I'm so, so sorry!  Why can't we all just win the lottery :( ?

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm really sorry M =(  I went back after 8 weeks with Stella and will do the same with this LO.  It's so hard.  I wish I had some advice but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.  ((hugs))
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry.  It's never an easy thing.  I'm dreading it already and he's not even here yet.
    PCOS Momma
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • wendyjwendyj member
    I'm sorry, M. It's bad enough when you already have a date in sight, but at least you can mentally prepare yourself for that. Cherish every last minute you have of ML,  no matter how long it is.
  • I'm sorry.  Maternity leave in this country sucks.  But like you said, having extra money might make summer more fun.  And if the extra money can aliveate some stress then Natalie is benefiting from that, just in a different way than from having you at home. kwim?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:
    I'm sorry.  Maternity leave in this country sucks.  But like you said, having extra money might make summer more fun.  And if the extra money can aliveate some stress then Natalie is benefiting from that, just in a different way than from having you at home. kwim?

So true.

I'm really sorry :( Once you get into the swing of things I'm sure you will feel much better.

• imageTwo*True:
    I'm sorry.  Maternity leave in this country sucks.  But like you said, having extra money might make summer more fun.  And if the extra money can aliveate some stress then Natalie is benefiting from that, just in a different way than from having you at home. kwim?

So true.

I'm really sorry :( Once you get into the swing of things I'm sure you will feel much better.

• Oh no, I'm sorry :(

And I hate to say it, at least for me, going back after #2 was even harder. It sucks.

We really do need to win the lotto... 

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Oh no, that stinks. I'm sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Urgh... I'm sorry. That stinks... But I agree with PP.. No matter when you go back it will be hard. You will get back into the routine. Just take it day by day. Honestly... This is part of the reason I'm in no rush to start TTC # 2... I cried all the time going back to work with DD.... I am finally to the point where I am 100% ok with it and now I just don't know if I can handle going through it again. Is it really just as hard the 2nd time around? Wah! :-/ You can do it!
  • Aww, going back to work sucks.  Gearing up to go back is so stressful and emotional.  Soon you will get in to a routine though.
  • I'm so sorry!  That does suck.  We definitely need to win the lottery
  • I'm so sorry Melissa :(
  • Work....ugh!!  It's so hard to go back after having a baby :o(
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks for the sweet responses ladies. I talked to DH last night and he REALLY doesn't want me to go back.. So I'm not going to go back on the 8th at least..  He's got some decent checks coming up in the next couple weeks.. so we will see.. I may still end up going back before the 29th.. but we also could potentially have childcare issues if I go back earlier than planned, because my mom is going to be gone MOST of august really, and MIL is going to travel at least a few days this month too.. and there is no one else I would feel comfortable leaving both girls with. 

So its still really up in the air.. I think I probably SHOULD go back earlier..money wise..  but DH keeps saying that I can't ever get this time back while N is so small,  if I go back.. I think he's feeling like a bad husband if I go back, ya know? But in the meantime, I'm super anxious about money. I know we'll figure it out one way or the other.. but it sucks..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Aw, I am so sorry! It does suck but your dh has some valid points! You won't get the time back, and you don't have child care! Unless you want to bring those 2 cuties to Roc! I would take them! =)

We even get tight weeks here and there, it is hard and I think about what I gave up (nanny job).....and then I remember why! Both R and I are much happier!

You guys might have to play catch up for a few months, but it will only be temporary! Maybe you and dh can compromise and you can go back a week early, if you have child care.

(((hugs))) 

• I'm sorry.  For me it was so much harder to go back after Sophia than ethan.  I don't know why since they were the same age
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"