Postpartum Depression
Options

Should i......

i am a first time Mom and i had an emergency c-section and they had me on Vicodin and ibuprofen so needless to say i was very relaxed and calm when i came home and was like that for the next couple weeks. Well after i was done with my prescriptions everything was going pretty well. Well when my LO was about a month old i started getting really bad anxiety like driving in the car with him i get bad anxiety for example. I have terrible mood swings and get very angry over the littlest things and lately i just do not feel happy with my life. I love my LO to pieces dont get me wrong...BUT something just doesnt feel right about me. I am just wondering if i am depressed and need to talk to my doc? 

How did you ladies know you needed help or meds?? 

Re: Should i......

• Options

I think what you are experiencing could be normal "baby blues" or just typical feelings after having a big life change and unexpected surgery. Or, it could be something more. The big question is - do you feel you need help and/or meds? Or can you get by without them? 

You might start by calling your doctor. You could start with your OB, and see if he/she prefers you talk to your PCP. Then, you might be referred to a therapist who can help you decide if you need medication. 

GL and HTH! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My recommendation is to reach out to your OB.GYN and let him/her know how you are feeling. That is what i did years ago and I was referred to a psychiatrist. same things were happening, our child was colicky and i was so anxious, nervous, couldn't get sleep, felt on edge, wasn't eating, lost a ton of weight right after she was born due to lack of eating...all of these things together was a huge red flag for me. I knew it wasn't me, the "normal" me. I would always want someone around, when my husband went to work I cried as he left the driveway. I was "dying" to go back to work myself during the 12 month FMLA time off that i had. Needless to say, i got help and they put me on zoloft...What a huge difference it made in my life. the last and final month I was home with our daughter before I headed back to work was fantastic. Seriously, reach out to someone --whether its your family doctor, a shrink or your ob/gyn...trust your own instinct. No one knows you better than you, right? Get help if you need it. Good luck!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"