Food Allergy

cake mix from box+soda= no eggs? how?

i use a great homemade recipe for cakes and cupcakes but was curious to try this out with using a duncan hines (dairy, egg, peanut free) mix for spice cake. i read that you can use a can of coke instead of whats listed to mix it with? is really nothing else needed? just mix and coke? how much soda? going to try it tonight so im hoping someone has some ideas or has heard/tried this!

Re: cake mix from box+soda= no eggs? how?

• 1 box of cake mix to one can of soda. That's all. It won't rise quite as much as a regular cake, but it tastes virtually the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can also do the spice cake mix with one can of pumpkin puree.  It's delicious.  A little heavier/denser than regular caked- but good.  Chocolate cake mix with one can of cherry dr. pepper/coke is another tasty option.  (weight watchers uses these recipes all the time)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It comes out just fine. It's not quite as sturdy as if you used eggs, but it tastes just as good.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• Huh, I've never heard of that! You can also use ground flaxseed meal and water as a substitute for eggs.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Yep, it's really good! This is really common in the Weight Watcher's circle because if you use diet soda, it gets rid of lots of oil and fat. But, it's an awesome trick for food allergies too.

Another yummy combo is a box of angel food cake mixed only with a large can of crushed pineapple.

You can also play with flavors and do something like white cake with orange soda for a hint of orange flavor.

Also, a can of soda = 12 ounces, so if you're pouring from a bottle, just use that much. :)

• imagepanicked228:
    1 box of cake mix to one can of soda. That's all. It won't rise quite as much as a regular cake, but it tastes virtually the same.

well i learned something new today! can't wait to try this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"