Pregnant after IF

Need some advice (NPAIFR)

DH and I moved about 3 weeks ago so we could be closer to his work (mainly b/c of my son's genetic condition....I wanted all of us to be closer). We used to live in a brand new rental -- new paint, fixtures, kitchen, wood floors -- etc. The new place we moved into is double the size, but not updated. We are renting from a property management company, but it is an owner's unit (the owner lived here before us). They had a few cats.

Well, when we first looked at the place, they said it would be professionally cleaned. Now, 3 weeks later, the "professionally cleaned" carpets are showing many, many stains -- I am assuming they are cat urine stains b/c my dog is obsessed with them. He has even urinated on one stain, even though my dog is 9 years old and never has accidents. (He urinated on the stain right in front of us). Our rent is $2,000/month -- it just makes me so sick to live in a townhouse with cat urine stained carpets for that amount of money.

What would you do? I know pet stains can last indefinitely (ruining the pad underneath the carpet). I've never had cats, but I'm nervous about having my son (with asplenia) in a house with urine stained carpets (cat urine contains bacteria, right??).

Sorry this is so long -- I just don't know what to do. Our deposit was almost $4,000 and I'm afraid the rental company is going to try and blame the stains on us when we move out, and the cat urine/stains are going to cause health problems :( 

TTC since 8/09
DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!

Re: Need some advice (NPAIFR)

• STL34STL34 member

I know I am butting in from another board, but I hope you don't mind.  I come over to check on a lot of you ladies frequently!

I would contact the property management company and explain what you are seeing.  I would also take pictures to document same.  Hopefully they will be willing to work with you.  If not, how you proceed may have to be determined based on your lease.

I'm sorry you are going through this.  If the carpets were cleaned well, it should have killed most bacteria in the cat urine even if the spots still show up.  That being said, my little sister had this issue with the condo they bought when their son was born and they ended up having to replace the carpet.  So, you can see if the property management company would replace it.  Otherwise, further cleaning will probably still result in the spots.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Of course I don't mind!! I check the IFV board everyday to see any updates from you :) You're on BCP now, right? When's your next appt?

Ugh - renting sucks. If my husband would just settle on a location, then we would buy, but until then....we can save more $$ renting than buying in this economy. I'm going to take your advice and take some photos today and bring them to the management company so they can be documented. I'm also going to ask the Neonatologist if any of these cat urine issues could be detrimental to Ben's health -- bacteria is the big thing for asplenic babies. I'm just so neurotic right now! Thanks again for the advice -- I'll be waiting for your next cycle update :)

TTC since 8/09
    DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
    8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
    IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!
  • Loading the player...
  • STL34STL34 member

I hope the management company responds positively to you.  It is always a gamble.  But, I think documenting things with them right away is a good plan regardless of how they respond.  It is also a good thing to speak with the doctor.  You aren't being neurotic.  It is hard going from healthy to the mother of a child with immnue issues.  You don't know what could make things worse.  So, you have to do the best you can do.  If something concerns you, ask your doctor!

Yes, I'm on BCPs right now.  I go in for an u/s Tuesday morning.  We will see where things go from there!  I just keep repeating to myself, I'm not cancelled yet.  But, really, I should be triggering next week (if I started stims this week as planned) and well, I probably won't even start stims next week.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"