Pregnant after IF
Options

What do you think of the name

Mabrey Sheridan?  My H met someone through work a few months ago who had a daughter named Mabry (we like it spelled with the e), and I didn't know what I thought of it at first but it's really grown on me and now I love it.  Sheridan is my mom's maiden name.

We've told some people it's what we were considering for a girl, and most have just been eh about it.  Maybe because it's unusual?  But that's what I like about it.  I have a very unique name and I love it.  My mom keeps saying Mayberry, but I think she's doing it just to get under my skin :)

Our first choice for a girl name for years has always been Ella, but I think it's too popular now.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

Re: What do you think of the name

• Options
    I actually really like it.  I'm keen on using maiden names as middle names too.  It's different, but for once it's a different name I like!! :)
  • Options

I think it's cute! I also think who cares if people think it's eh- once they meet her (if it ends up being a her) they'll love her no matter what ;)

You might want to think of nicknames- like are are you okay if people call her May?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's cute! I also really like Ella :)
    TTC since 8/09
    DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
    8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
    IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!
  • Options

My thought is that everyone will have an opinion on any name you choose, so if you and DH love it, then that's all that matters.  We've picked a pretty non-controversial name IMO, and there are still some people who had a lukewarm reaction. 

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I like it, but I also like unique names. We had several names picked out for boys and asked people their opinions which were always mixed and confused us even more. At one point we stopped discussing it with other people and decided ourselves. It's a very big decision and ultimately it's betwee you and DH-good luck!

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like it! My suggestion to you is to keep any name you choose to yourself until the birth because people are super annoying about names.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just curious do you pronounce it w/ a long A or a short A?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since Jan 09
    Jul 2010 - HSG, SA, U/S BW - all clear
    Nov 2010- Mar 2011 - 50mg Clomid, HCG Trigger & IUI 1-4 All BFN
    Apr/May 2011 break
    June 2011 - New RE, New Plan
    July 2011 - Gonal F, Ovidrel & IUI #5
    July 2011 surprise BFP on a break cycle before injects!!! Please let this be it!
    Cautiously expecting our miracle on Feb 25, 2012
  • Options
    I like it.  Its unique but doesn't sound made up. I would stop asking for everyone's opinions because most people lean towards the more classic names.  If you and your DH like it, that's all the matters.
  • Options
    JenCWJenCW member

I think it's a fantastic name, but I like non-traditional names.  I think it goes very nicely with Sheridan.

My kids all have unique names, and I didn't tell them to our IRL friends/family until after birth.  Same is true for this little girl. 

• Options
    Cute! I would also suggest keeping names or the name you choose to yourself. It's really annoying when people give you their opinion about naming YOUR child. It should be 100% your decision and people will learn to accept it once the baby is here and the name has been officially given.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"