October 2011 Moms
Options

Can I use FMLA?

I am a preschool director and we get paid for the days we work. So the time I am out I am trying to save so I won't be behind on my bills. Can I use FMLA? Our school has about 12 workers. Thanks for the info in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I use FMLA?

• Options

FMLA doesn't pay you any of your salary so I'm not sure it would make a difference for you.  It just guarantees your job for 12 weeks.

Your company has to have 50+ employees for you to take advantage of FMLA.  But your state may have some benefits for smaller companies.

2.5.14 LMP - 3.15.14 BFP - 4.4 u/s confirmed no sac - 4.10 ruptured tube with emergency surgery

• Options

Nicky is correct- FMLA is a law that protects your right to take time off from work to care for your child without letting your employer threaten your job.  You do not get any sort of pay from the government.  That is dependant on your particular employers maternity leave policy.

Here's a link from the dept. of labor for more FMLA info:

https://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-fmla.htm 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecatjerrel:

I am a preschool director and we get paid for the days we work. So the time I am out I am trying to save so I won't be behind on my bills. Can I use FMLA? Our school has about 12 workers. Thanks for the info in advance!

A school is usually a part of a district.  If this is your case, then you all likely fall under the same employer and therefore, FMLA would apply.

• Options
    There is both state and federal FMLA...and the requirements do change between the 2. I would look to see what your state requires vs. federal
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"