Stay at Home Moms
Options

s/o s/o WAH jobs...

If one more freakin' person on my facebook starts to sell Mary Kay, Avon, Scentsy, Thirty-One, or starts a horrific crafting business I'm going to delete my account. I'm mostly friends with SAH Army wives, and I apparently missed the memo that in order to be one myself I have to sell useless crap.

And then I read about the ones with lower ranking husbands (i.e. lower pay) buying a crapload of Scentsy, Avon etc from one another to "help fellow military wives out". Maybe if they stopped spending so much money on that stuff they wouldn't have to post sales to the newsfeed so their kids can "have a Christmas this year". 

I just don't get it. [end rant]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o s/o WAH jobs...

• Options
    If people actually made money, it would be one thing, but most don't.  My Aunt supported herself  selling avon for 40 years.  She had more than one pink caddy, but she was a hustler who worked her rural area where a lot of women didn't have access to transportation to go to malls or other places.  She wasn't doing it part time.  She did it 7 days a week.
  • Options
    I quit my mom's group over this exact issue. I was tired of the constant pressure to buy things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJOEBunny:
    If people actually made money, it would be one thing, but most don't.  My Aunt supported herself  selling avon for 40 years.  She had more than one pink caddy, but she was a hustler who worked her rural area where a lot of women didn't have access to transportation to go to malls or other places.  She wasn't doing it part time.  She did it 7 days a week.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to my husband last night. It's one thing if we were back home in the suburbs and there was maybe one Avon lady to a neighborhood. But around military bases there are literally hundreds of women trying to sell the same overpriced items. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJOEBunny:

This sounds exactly like one of my relatives!

But yeah......it takes tons of WORK to actually make money from one of those businesses. 

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    I dont get any of those deals, being married to a lower ranked guy I would NEVER waste my money on crap, I wish them the best of luck but sorry I cant float your household too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"