Secondary IF
Options

Any thoughts on whether we should do IVF?

We've been trying for baby # 2 for 3 years now, did 5 failed IUIs, a surgery and lots of testing. We've had 2 early miscarriages. My issue is from my csection scar that is causing fluid and essentially washing away the embies and making implantation difficult. I am of course going to talk to my doctor more about IVF, but any thoughts on my situation from anyone who has experience with IVF? If my IUIs were unsuccessful I am wondering what my chances are for a successful IVF. Do you think we'll be wasting our time and money?

Re: Any thoughts on whether we should do IVF?

• Options

I can't really answer your questions, but I'm intrigued about what you say about your scar washing everything away.  How did you figure out this was happening?

I had a c/s too and I am wondering if it's affecting my fertility. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTwizzle:

I can't really answer your questions, but I'm intrigued about what you say about your scar washing everything away.  How did you figure out this was happening?

I had a c/s too and I am wondering if it's affecting my fertility. 

Ditto, I don't really have any answers either, but I'm curious about the fluid and the scar.  I had a hysteroscopy on Tuesday that showed a bunch of scar tissue and adhesions, likely from my c/s in December 2008.  They said it was causing my endo lining to have very few places an embie could implant.  Anyway, I have hysteroscopic surgery on Wednesday next week to resurface my uterus, so my lining can start over, and hopefully that will help things out.  Is that an option for you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

hmmm...IVF might be a better chance than IUI but I guess that your doctor would really know better in this situation. If implantaion is difficult it may not matter if the egg is already fertilized, I have no idea.

I am curious to hear if more you ladies have issues and if you had c-sections or not....makes one wonder, if that can cause infertility or more m/c???

6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Options
    I didn't have a c/s and I've had 5 losses that most likely have to do with improper implantation.  It's interesting though.
  • Options

You definitely peaked my interest on the c/s scar.  I had a c/s in Sept. 09 and conceived my daughter naturally in 3 months.  Now it's been almost a year...granted I'll be 37 tomorrow so I have aged...do have a few more pounds that I cant seem to shake too (started running again yesterday)....but with the c/s I've always felt that it could be the cause (as I still think there is some pain around the site a couple times during the month)...not sure if I'm imagining that...but I have often questioned if this was my problem.  Then again I haven't had a m/c so I don't even know if implanting is my problem.

As far as the IVF...I would definitely want to know more about the c/s issue before proceeding.  Because even if they implant will there be the problem with sticking again.  That's what I would want to know.

• Options

I am in a similar situation. We found out about fluid from my c section scar on my saline sonogram. We were hoping it would stay out of the uterus but today (cd 9) of a hybrid cycle we saw it is now in my fundus. We were planning on just TI but now we may do an IUI so they can aspirate the fluid out. However, my RE is on vacation this coming week so I am waiting to hear from the RN. 

I wish I could offer some hope/insight however I am sitting here waiting on the RN to let me know what we will do. I feel like I wasted a ton of money on meds not knowing our RE would be gone the week of ovulation. I was so hopeful going into this cycle & now I feel so down.

I will update & let you know what the RN says once she calls.

Michelle 

Me:37 DH: 40
    TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
    Pregnant after 1 year of trying! Ended in m/c 2/4/11
    Cycle #1 with RE: Clomid 50mg =BFN
    Acupuncture & vitamins/DHEA started
    Cycle #2 Clomid 100mg April 2011= BFP!! missed m/c D&C done 5/25/11 at 7 weeks 3 days Cycling at RBA's frozen donor egg clinic. Start Lupron on June 18th. 7/25/12 Transferred 1 perfect Embryo, 3 frozen! 8/3/12 beta #1 146, 8/6 beta #2 526, 8/13 beta #3 9,108. 1st U/S on 8/21 showed our perfect little embryo split! We are having Identical Twins!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

hi ladies,

just to give you some background i had a csection 4 years ago. i go pg very easily the first time. we started trying again about 3 years ago and had an early m/c. just thought it was a fluke. tried for about a year then went to a fertility doc. we started treatments and testing. while undergoing iui treatments they started seeing fluid on my day 12 u/s coming from my csection scar. it was literally flowing down like a river from the scar. the doc said he had never seen anything like it and was facinated by it. he recommended surgery to correct the scar. i went to another surgeon to get another opinion. she opined that i was not closed up properly, that it was probably not closed up all the way and as a result i had a hole and bad tissue around it was leaking fluid. she explained it like skimming your knee. it made sense to me and she is a top surgeon in her field (she's been on dr oz) so we decided to go ahead the the surgery in jan. she essentially cut out the bad tissue and reattached the good tissue. we started up treatments again about 3 cycles ago and i had another early miscarriage. we took a couple cycles off from treatment and just tried naturally but no success. we did another round of femerra but that didn't work either. it's been 5 total, 2 post surgery. we will probably do one more round before doing something more aggressive. I am starting to consider IVF but just thinking that my issue is with implantation i really don't know if it will be a waste of time. I'm not sure what to do. I am going to talk to my doc more, but i'm not sure if she will know either. she mentioned IVF before.

If anyone has anymore questions, please feel free to PM me. I had no issues with my csection afterwards and thought it went very smoothly. It's been shocking (and devastating) to me that we are now having these issues. Wish you all the best and my best advice would be if you think something is wrong demand ultrasounds on various days of your cycle, especially during ovulation and implantation days to see if there's anything unusual.  

• Options
    Both mine were 100% natural.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"