Childless not by choice

Having a hard time waiting

Hey, everyone!  I hope that it is all right if I post here.  I'm getting married in July next year, and my fiance is pretty adament about not having children before we are married, and he also wants to be married for at least a couple of years before we have a baby.  I'm having a really hard time waiting TTC.  I'm also not even sure if I will be able to conceive because I have a health issue that could make it difficult.  (It's really hard for me to talk about.) So I'm pretty anxious about waiting to try to have a baby and possibly not even being able to get pregnant.

Can anyone relate?  Thanks for listening to me. <3

Re: Having a hard time waiting

• I can understand what you are going through. My DH and I were married last September. We own our own home, are financially stable, and in a good situation to bring children into this world. However, DH keeps putting it off.

Some of his reasons I understand; like finishing some big projects on our home. I love crafting and, currently, my sewing machine and all my crafts are in the room that our nursery will be in when the time comes. We are finishing our basement so I can move my things down stairs and that room will be free. There are a few other things that need to be done that I do understand waiting a few months for, but I only want to wait a few months, not years. 

I also understand worrying about whether it will even work when we start trying. When I first started having my periods they were very irregular and very painful. After a year, I went on hormone treatments to decrease the cramps and other symptoms. I have been on hormones since so I really don't know what my periods will be like. I worry that all the issues I had will make it hard or even impossible for us to have children. 

I apologize that I pretty much wrote a book, but I have been looking for someone in a similar situation for a long time. 

Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage
  • Both of you need to be a little bit more aware of your surroundings.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Loading the player...
  • Well can you please explain our mistake and maybe help us find the right place for us to post our concerns? I know I am new to this sight, I had a friend who is currently a member recommend me to this sight to try to help find support and comfort. Thank you.
  • imageKTWag10:
    Well can you please explain our mistake and maybe help us find the right place for us to post our concerns? I know I am new to this sight, I had a friend who is currently a member recommend me to this sight to try to help find support and comfort. Thank you.

Just browse the boards to the left, click, and read some of the posts to find out if you like the feel of it and if you'd fit in. Best of luck to you. 

• Thanks for your help! I will keep looking.
  • I apologize for posting here.  I certainly will not post here in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"