Pregnant after 35
Options

1st ob appt

I am 11 weeks and the appt went great except my b/p was 130/76. I know that was because I was nervous about the ultrasound. I had a previous no heartbeat at 8weeks. The baby looked like a real baby on ultrasound! Good heart rate! I am a nurse so my OB wants me to take my b/p through out the day and call him with it. My normal b/p is 110/60. I know he also said I will not be working 12 hour sifts my whole pregnancy and no more 3 in a row! I just can't wait to get past 1st trimester but I am relaxed now and am starting back on yoga! Have a great day girls.

Re: 1st ob appt

• Options

I'm not a nurse but my old OB wanted me to do the same - too bad he didn't realize that he was the reason I would have odd B/Ps....

I would get soooo distraught that my B/P would go crazy when I had to see him.

But believe it or not the second tri for you is just around the corner......

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    Sadly I have you beat! My systolic was 161 at my first appt. And I had seen the HB once before but I thought for sure it would be gone.... I am a nurse as well, too it at work and it was 120-130 systolic, MD wasn't worried. I would not worry too much. I hate being a patient, I always have high BP at the MD office.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At my first appt I was very nervous because I was afraid I was miscarrying (spotting). As a result my blood pressure was way up. I was also angry at my DH because he was late and his phone was dead, so that didn't help. ANywy, at my next appt my bp was much, much lower and the original reading was attributed to nervousness. It really does make your bp go up. I'm sure once you get a relaxed reading, it will be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay, and I hope your BP gets nice and regular!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Congratulations!  The 1st tri is so scary.

I had seriously high BP for a few weeks in my 1st tri as well.  It reseolved itself and all is normal.  I'm hoping that the same happens for you, too.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"