February 2011 Moms
Options

I cursed my child

I cursed DS with my long legs.

Okay, okay...so maybe it isn't a curse but this mama cannot find pants that will fit him! He is only in the 32% for weight so 3-6 still fit him in the waist, maybe 6-9 but his legs are so long that 6-9 are like floods on him and 3-6 is a joke. How does that work?! My child is always wearing floods. I am going to have to find a big and tall children's shop for him when he hits his teen years!

Anyone know of a brand that has adequate pant length?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I cursed my child

• Options
    If you do let me know. Ty is going to have the same problem!
    image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Definitely not a curse! My poor DD has been cursed with my short, thick legs....she will hate me later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAllysunC:

I cursed DS with my long legs.

Okay, okay...so maybe it isn't a curse but this mama cannot find pants that will fit him! He is only in the 32% for weight so 3-6 still fit him in the waist, maybe 6-9 but his legs are so long that 6-9 are like floods on him and 3-6 is a joke. How does that work?! My child is always wearing floods. I am going to have to find a big and tall children's shop for him when he hits his teen years!

Anyone know of a brand that has adequate pant length?

Hahah.  Do you live in a warm weather climate?  He can wear shorts everyday!  F has a similar problem- t-shirts are like belly shirts.  It's ridiculous.  At this rate, he'll be wearing onesies until he's 30 b/c I'm constantly yanking them down.  How about the Carter's comfy pants?  We have a few pairs of those (tight at the ankles) and seems like there is a lot of room for length.  Also, not that jeans are comfy, but DS has a pair of Levi's and their length is nice and long (3-6) and we end up cuffing them.  He's pretty tall, too- 27 inches at his 4-month..but also a porky pig.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the opposite problem. 3 month pants still fit, moved on to 6 month onsies. She has her daddy's short irish legs. I know that doesn't help your question though :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The fix in our house was cloth diapers Smile  Ladybug has long legs, but the cloth makes her bottom fluffy enough she fits in the waist for the larger sizes... for instance, the dress she is wearing in my siggy is a 12 month.

• Options
    My DS was/is that way. He has super tiny hips but super long legs. He's been in 5T for a while now for the length, but his hips are still a 3T size! When he was younger, I would just roll the elastic band down one or two times til it fit better. Then, he could wear the length of the higher size but the waist got minimized.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:
    My DS was/is that way. He has super tiny hips but super long legs. He's been in 5T for a while now for the length, but his hips are still a 3T size! When he was younger, I would just roll the elastic band down one or two times til it fit better. Then, he could wear the length of the higher size but the waist got minimized.

Genius idea! I will have to try that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"