Preemies
Options

Worst comment ever...

Ok well not the worst, but certainly the worse I heard yesterday.

Let me preface this by saying that by 8pm last night I was cranky, whiney and exhuasted. We had two appts yesterday and an OT appt (at our house) that I totally forgot about until the therapist texted me to say she was outfront and I wasn't answering. Luckily I was only 5 minutes away and she was able to wait for me...

But anyway, I had my grandmother with me yesterday to help with the twins (grandmother does not drive, lives with my mother), I had to take my grandmother home because my mom said she did not feel like coming by on her way home to get her and DH was still at work. My mom commented that I a looked really tired, to which agreed, then came the comment....

"I bet you'd think twice now before putting two eggs back !"

Seriously? Seriously? I just glared at her and said, "Um actually I'd make the same choice all over again, but thanks."

I mean really after all these two have been through and all of the energy it takes to care for them, yes its stressful yes I think I am entitled to be tired once in awhile, but I would do it all over again. These babies are worth every single moment.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Worst comment ever...

• Options
    That is a crappy comment to hear, especially from your mom. Brush it off. She probably didn't mean anything by it, even though it hurt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OscarQOscarQ member

You know comments like that make me cut people off from information.  Act like an a$$ and you're not going to find out too much about what's happening with me and my family.

I'm sorry.  That was a really hurtful comment.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

What a bonehead comment.

I would have said, "I guess that means you are sad you have 2 grandchildren?  I'll be sure to remember that."

Man, I am snarky these days.  Hopefully I get some good news today or tomorrow that puts me in a better mood.  Until then snark snark snarkity SNARK :o)

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagekatie4253:

Man, I am snarky these days.  Hopefully I get some good news today or tomorrow that puts me in a better mood.  Until then snark snark snarkity SNARK :o)

You aren't the only one...if it makes you feel better...your snark made me smile!

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Wow....if my MIL had a daughter I'd swear she was your mom. Sorry she was so insensitive.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow, Im sorry thats just awful...:::open mouth insert foot and swallow up to the knee:::
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Options
    kck329kck329 member
    imageJakesBride07:
    imagekatie4253:

You aren't the only one...if it makes you feel better...your snark made me smile!

Katie your snark is making me smile too!

JakesBride...what an awful comment. Your twins are such perfect miracles!

• Options
    imageOscarQ:

You know comments like that make me cut people off from information.  Act like an a$$ and you're not going to find out too much about what's happening with me and my family.

I'm sorry.  That was a really hurtful comment.

This exactly.

She sounds like my mother.  ((Hugs))

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would have been furious!  I thought you handled it well because she's lucky you didn't say something just as hurtful back because no matter how tired you get there are no regrets, these babies are a blessing.  It seems like just because of the struggles we went through it took away any rights we may have to complain which is BS.  Just because another mom who has twins (or a single birth for that matter) had no problems getting ku'd or had no complications with the birth does not mean she's allowed to be tired and comment on it but we're not.  We're allowed to have the same days just as any other parent.

I'm so sorry you had to hear that very insensitive comment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"