3rd Trimester
Options

Too Late To Find Out Baby's Gender?

I'm now 32 weeks pregnant with my first child. At my last ultrasound (done at 28 weeks), I tried to find out the gender of my baby, but s/he wasn't in a good position and we couldn't see. I decided to let it wait until he or she is born, but now I want to try and figure it out again. Is it too late to have another ultrasound?

-Jena 

Re: Too Late To Find Out Baby's Gender?

• Options
    No, you can go today and have an elective if you really want. If I were you however, I would just wait at this point! We found out (I was dying to find out as soon as possible and we have an U/S at each appt.) so too tempting, but I think I will try and wait with my next. I would like the experience of both and you are so close! GL whatever you decide. I will say it has helped me really bond with him since I got to know more about him by finding out, but would def wait if I were you :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    not to late at all; i just had a growth us done at 36 weeks and you can tell he's still a boy :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As long as you can see between baby's legs, you can still find out. I had a presentation u/s at 36 weeks and my LO is still very much a boy...his testicles looked HUGE on the screen and I was cracking up at how he proudly displayed them for us Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had an u/s at 30 weeks due to GD and the tech verified the sex (we already knew, though). It was very clear. So I'd say you could probably still try and find out.

However, at this point, I'd wait. :)

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options
    Why?  You're in the home stretch.  You've waited this long, might as well wait the remaining 8 wks you have left. : )
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    kxp004kxp004 member
    well, they don't develop their gender identity until they are older... but if you want to find out the sex of your LO (which is obviously what you meant) you can do that anytime w/ an elective u/s...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I didn't find out until I was 30 weeks because I switched drs and my work schedule was a mess. My first dr was terrible and the new one ordered an ultrasound. Now I'm having another because her head was measuring small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSusan&Skip:
    not to late at all; i just had a growth us done at 36 weeks and you can tell he's still a boy :)

This!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"