Health & Exercise
Options

Total Gym?

Anyone have one? used one in the past? love it? hate it?

DH and I are thinking about purchasing one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Total Gym?

• Options

I had the Weider iron works version (cheaper, but technically the same thing) many years ago.  I didn't really like it.  I found that using those handles with the cords really hurt my wrists and forearms. 

I wound up giving the machine to my BIL, and he didn't like it either. Threw it out. 

• Options

Got one for free.  Hated it.  Gave it away.

I prefer my free weights, barbell, bands and exercise ball.  A much better home gym. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesunandsurfmama:

I prefer my free weights, barbell, bands and exercise ball.  A much better home gym. 

AMEN to this!!!  Check out Jessup Power Systems - their bars are good and prices downright reasonable.  I just got an Olympic bar from them to take into the gym (they didn't have anything with knurling so I bought a bar to take in and use), and it was only $175 shipped which is virtually unheard of for a 1500lb. test weight.  Otherwise EliteFTS is a good place to go for a power rack and flat bench (you can pretty much do all movements you need in a good power rack - bench,squat, deadlift, pullups, chinups, bands, etc.) that are good quality at a reasonable price..  That will be FAR better money spent than on a Total Gym and when your done, the power rack/weights will still maintain most of its value if you get a good one. 

One of the best things you can do though, instead of getting "home gym" stuff to start, get a membership for a year or two at a place that has babysitting on-site.  DD gets up to 2 hours of babysitting while I train.  Also, link up with a trainer who knows something about powerlifting, strongman, or bodybuilding.  The reason is that they're going to be results focused.  You are still the one who needs to put in the work, but it's a lot easier to show up the other 4 days per week if you're learning how to do your workouts with good form and safety in mind (powerlifters and strongmen especially will be focused more on this than the amount of weight you're moving)..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"