March 2011 Moms
Options

mostly a vent.

WHY wont this child go to sleep! This is night number 2 that he wont sleep. He took his naps like normal today but now that its bedtime he refuses to go to sleep! He will fall asleep in my arms but the second he hits the crib he's wiggling around and wont go back to sleep. Normally, I would put him in his swing until he falls asleep but all he does is squall until I pick him up. Last night I let him CIO for a few minutes to see if he would wear himself down some, but to no avail. Last night it took me two hours to get him to sleep. WTH!!!?! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: mostly a vent.

• Options

I'm sorry, this must be so frustrating.  I can just tell you how we do it and then you can pluck out whatever you'd like to try (or not) out of it:  We put Stella down for the night not on any schedule, but rather when we see she's tired (she's rubbing here eyes, is a little whiny, etc.) and there are in total two ways to do so: 1. nursing during which she just nods off (then holding her for about 15-20 more minutes before putting her down - that's how long it usually takes a baby to fall asleep) or 2. walking around with her with her pacifier in for a few minutes.  When she's asleep, we put her in her crib on her side (important, as laying on her back she wakes back up) and stick her cuddly bear in her arms (so that she can snuggle to it like she would to my breast or daddy's chest).  The combination of a bear and pacifier always works.  Sometime she doesn't even need the paci. 

She goes down for the night between 9:00 and 10:30PM. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i'm sorry, I hope it's just a phase.  We seem to have 2 or 3 good nights around here and then just when we think it's going well...a slew of bad nights.  Sleep is so frustrating, isn't it? 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"