Pregnant after 35

Just need to vent a little...some tmi

So I have been sick with a cold for the last few days, no big deal, and that part of me is feeling better today..so I was planning to go on a field trip with the kids at work and my son.  About 20 minutes before we leave I go to use the bathroom one more time and blood...everywhere.  Like three times as much as my worst period.  I tried to keep calm because my son was right outside the door.  I also reminded myself about my cervical polyp that causes bleeding sometimes, but NEVER like this, or this amount of blood and clots.  So, I have to cancel out of the field trip, my son is upset and disappointed since lately I have been missing lots of things with him due to feeling ill, and off to the doc I go. My hubby refuses to carry or get a cell phone, grrrr...so I call the office where he works out of and noone answers...call his coworkers cell phone which rings through since the building they are working in doesn't have coverage due to security issues.  I am by myself again, like I was the other times I have gone in for bleeding .  The doc finds the heartbeat right away, and it's strong...she checks me internally and says it isn't even the polyp bleeding, it was just spontaneous cervical bleeding...no one spot, just like seeping.  Cervix looks closed and ok.  She cleans out all the blood and clots and sends me home on modified bed rest until the bleeding stops.  Probably a couple days only.  I just want a drama free pregnancy...really.  I know there will be issues coming up due to high blood pressure, but just some peaceful quiet, enjoyable pregnant time is all I want!  I am tired of bleeding, worrying, and feeling defeated.  I am done venting ...thanks for listening :)  Now I am going to stop my pity party and enjoy feeling my little one thumping around...it IS the little things I need to focus on :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just need to vent a little...some tmi

• OMG, I was so worried reading that.  Thank goodness it was just weird bleeding, though it sounds NOT fun at all.  *hugs*
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • jb2rnjb2rn member

wow, that sounds so very scary. all my spotting/bleeding episodes have been much smaller scale and I was still totally freaked out.

Please take it easy - and hit your husband over the head for me! He better be waiting on you hand and foot over the next few days. He NEEDS a cell phone, what if you need him to come home to take care of your son? That would seriously make me angry.

I hope all stays well with you and your LO and this bleeding business stops for good.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • OMG that sounds absolutely terrifying.  I too would be royally ticked off with DH.  He truly needs a cell phone.  Or some sort of way to get a hold of him.  I'm so glad everything is fine though.  Wishing you a drama free rest of your pregnancy.
  • Oh geez..that does sound scary.. I'm so sorry you're going through that. 

I agree.. your hubby needs to get himself a phone.. for EMERGENCIES like that.. yikes. 

Glad you and baby are okay.

• Wow that sounds so scary. I'm glad it turned out to be cervical bleeding and nothing worse. Tell your husband to get one of those prepaid cell phones for the duration of your pregnancy. Tell him it is not a request.
  • I'm so glad that it was "normal" bleeding and that everything is okay. 

I feel you on the being alone at the dr.'s office.  Early on in my pregnancy I wound up alone in an emergency room in Miami (I'm from Boston).  It really freaked me out, but if I hadn't been able to keep my husband in the loop and get his support over the phone it would have been even worse.  Perhaps you could get your husband to carry a burner (you know, one of those disposable cell phones you can buy at convenience stores) for emergencies.  They are prepaid and would just need to be kept charged.  Or if he wanted to go really old school, a pager . . .

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good god.

I'm so sorry this happened.  The panic I felt reading....I couldn't take it if this had happened to me and there was no one to reach out to.

Honestly - go out, get a cell phone for your husband without consulting him (first turn the ringer on high) and tell him he's keeping it on him until the baby comes.  That's so not fair.  Get his bosses desk number, as well...so if something else happens there's one more number with some authority behind it to locate your DH.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG, that sounded so scary.  I'm glad everything worked out.  I agree with the other posters.  Your DH needs to get a cell phone immediately, even if its just for the duration of your pregnancy.  You could agree that you'd be the only one who has the number. My DH had no cell phone when we first started dating and it was really annoying.  When I asked him why (after dating for at least a year) he said he didn't like people being able to track him down anywhere he went.  When I said, "Even me?", he said no, not you and then he later surprised me by getting a phone.  Now he loves it.   
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • OMG When reading I was reading it I was scared for you and can't even imagine what you were going through.

I would call  my husband's boss and ask him to require him to carry a cell phone or something like that. Or just lay a magnificent guilt trip on him for not being there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Good Night.  My stomach dropped while reading this.  I am so, so very glad that everything has turned out well.  I can't believe you are being so calm - I would be a wreck.

If I may offer a bit of a flameworthy opinion here (feel free to tell me to shut it)....It is a very immature and selfish decision for your DH not to carry a mobile.  He needs to be there in cases like this - not jst for you but for your son.  The mobile shouldn't be about his convenience right now, it should be about your peace of mind. 

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"