Parenting after 35

Re: Good news re: circ legislation

• Options
    Yay!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Of course!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good news!

I've calmed down over this.  I don't care if a boy/man is circumcised or not. Nothing about looks or whatever. I just feel that banning it is unconstitutional due to the separation of church & state (being that circumcision is an integral part of two religions) and also because it sets a bad precedent.

Many will continue to liken it to genital mutilation and there will be no changing their minds. But men who are circumcised still experience sexual pleasure. Female genital mutilation ensures a woman does not?and makes sex painful, if I understand it.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    steverstever member
    imagerobynlesley:

Good news!

I've calmed down over this.  I don't care if a boy/man is circumcised or not. Nothing about looks or whatever. I just feel that banning it is unconstitutional due to the separation of church & state (being that circumcision is an integral part of two religions) and also because it sets a bad precedent.

Many will continue to liken it to genital mutilation and there will be no changing their minds. But men who are circumcised still experience sexual pleasure. Female genital mutilation ensures a woman does not?and makes sex painful, if I understand it.

ITA, Robyn. And like you said in the other post, it's like being pro-choice; if you don't believe in male circumcision, don't do it.

I'm fairly anti-circ, but cannot get my head round making it illegal. And as I've said before, comparing it to FGM makes me super stabby. 

• Options
    You were right.  The comments were funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"