Natural Birth
Options

Natural Birth

This is my first pregnancy and I'm thinkin about doing a natural birth can I get some opinions

Re: Natural Birth

• Options

I personally think it's the only way to go. 

Watch "The Business of Being Born" and read "Pushed" (by Jennifer Block). :) 

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options

I agree with PP

But I also think it's very important for you to analyze what you think about it and why, you really have to prepare yourself!

There is a blog from the board with FAQ that helped me a lot

https://naturalbirthfaq.wordpress.com/

hth!

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It was the best option for myself.

There are lots of things to consider in terms of your own philosophical stand point, health risks/benefits to you and baby (depending on the nature of your pregnancy), your own personality and desires.

To my mind the best is to find a maternity carer who knows what their doing and is supportive of your choices. That way you can choose the best birth options for yourself but know that you have the care you need should issues arise.

You often hear of Midwives/OBs who have their own stance on whether birth should be natural or medicated and it has absolutely no baring on the pregnant woman in front of them.

The ladies here have a wealth of information and experience. Welcome.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I'm hoping for a natural birth. There are various methods of pain control available to us still and in general, babies and mom are more calm after a natural delivery as opposed to a medical delivery.
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • Options
    Ina May's Guide To Childbirth is another great read.  The first half is all positive stories about home birth and the second half is all info on how natural birth works.  It makes whole the birthing experience seem like something to look forward to, rather than fear. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"