High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Feeling sorry for myself. Just a vent.

I've been so emotional today. I introduced myself yesterday. I'm new to MBR, but not new to high risk pregnancy. Let me start off by saying there is nothing more important to me than having two, healthy and hopefully full term babies. Nothing I post below is worth risking the health of my babies. Plain and simple, I'm having an emotional day and just need to vent... hopefully flame free. But, I know I can't stop the flames. I am feeling sorry for myself today. I was looking forward to getting things ready for the babies, shopping for the final things needed, and organizing all of their things. We had our shower this past weekend (before I was put on MBR) and received a great deal of gifts. But, there are things that we need, like clothes, that I was looking forward to picking out. I know all these things aren't important in the grand scheme of things, but I'm disappointed. Thanks for any encouragement provided. My Mom texted me something that made me smile. She said that I am getting ready for the babies in the best way possible. Trying to hold onto this thought!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Josiah James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Naomi Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feeling sorry for myself. Just a vent.

• Options

I can completely relate to what you are going through. I have been on bed rest since 20w5d so the only thing I had bought for the babies before then was a onesie and a sleeper each...and a diaper bag for myself :). You have every reason to have a pity party! It is really hard to adjust to your pregnancy changing so suddenly and having to give up things you were looking forward to. As stupid as it sounds, I love going to the pool, and was so excited about the cute maternity suits I got for this summer. I went out bed rest the week before the pool opens, and *if* I make it to 36 weeks, I won't come off until it's closed! (And would probably be too uncomfortable to go then anyway!).

I think it's okay to take some time to be bummed for the loss of the pregnancy you had in your mind. When you are up to it, maybe someone can help you go through everything from your shower and make a list of things you still want/need. Then you can see how much you are comfortable doing online, and how much you want to do in person after they are born.

Your mom was right - you are doing the best thing possible for your babies! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. 

• Options
    BR sucks.  Plain and simple.  I've done all my shopping online and it has helped a little bit to get ready for the baby.  I have also completed some artwork I started for the nursery.  I think there are things you can still so to prepare for your babies so try and find ways to do that to help you when you are sad.  I know it seems like forever away but it will be here soon.  Hang in there!

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hang in there!!

I prepared the nursery early because I feared going on bedrest.  But I never shopped for clothes, etc.  I totally understand how disappointing it feels.  It completely interferes with the entire nesting phenomenon.  I was on bedrest from 23w-36w.

Luckily with the internet you can nest from your couch.  :)  DH had to get onto me for swiffering one day because I was just going insane.

I allowed myself one to two fastfood drive thru's each week to keep my sanity.  I just drove to the drive thru and back home.  It felt great to just sit in the car for a few minutes.

As you get to the latter days of bedrest, you'll likely allow yourself a freedom here and there. 

The time literally does fly by.  We kept a countdown on a dry erase board.  I did a ton of reading and websudoku.com.

A year later I can barely remember it at all. 

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the words of encouragement! Once DH got home from work, I had a major meltdown. It felt good to get it out, although I know the things I was crying about are unimportant. I hope tomorrow (I guess today, it is 4:40 AM!) is a better day.

Josiah James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Naomi Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I felt the same way, and still do. I have been online shopping for baby and making lists of things that I need to get done. I am still getting discouraged and restless but I've made it almost a whole week now.  I am thinking of making husband take me out tonight to Target so I can ride on one of the scooters and have an outing lol

I also started on day 2 doing the same few things first part of the day to create some sort of purpose. I get up and pull the covers up on the bed,  I then go get some breakfast and put some water in the fridge so it's super cold later. Then I watch the too many kids duggar family show lol After that I get showered and dressed.  Then I jump between the couch and my bed (one room apart currently, husband moved my whole bedroom downstairs when I was first having a lot of contractions)

I don't know if that helps but I've made it almost a week already,and it seems these ladies are just great  at helping people get through it :)  Hang in there!

Edited because I typed silly

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I ditto what everyone else said but also just wanted to say I have been on the board only for about 6 weeks but I haven't seen any flaming or negativity directed to someone on this board. It is honestly one of the most supportive boards I have ever seen. So vent away without fear. 

You have a right to mourn the loss of what pregnancy looked like to you. Soon you'll be able institute coping techniques like the other ladies suggested but it's ok to feel badly for a bit.

When I was venting to a friend early on about how my Type A personality just couldn't handle bedrest her advice was to 'overachieve bedrest'. You'll be amazed what you can get completed from your couch. I've watched last year's Oscar nominated movies (with a toddler I rarely get to the theater), challenged myself to spend more time with books then TV, learned to needlepoint (I completed a belt in a month as a thank you gift to my DH), completed a ton of shopping online (check out Amazon mom where you can get free two day shipping on lots of items). So cry a bit then make your list and

OVERACHIEVE BEDREST!!  :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"