Two Under 2
Options

Poll for 3U2: Do twins run in your family?

Is it genetic for twins in your family? I heard that you release more eggs after you have a baby for a few months and I was wondering if that was true or not. My googling has resulted in nothing....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Poll for 3U2: Do twins run in your family?

• Options

No twins in my family, not even identical. But now I had ID twins, that was a huge shocker!

• Options
    imageTheAbbotMommy:

No twins in my family, not even identical. But now I had ID twins, that was a huge shocker!

Fraternal twins run in my family (we dont have twins though) and that is genetic if its on the moms side. ID twins as far as I know are not genetic and are spontaneous so most times they are a shock since its the cells dividing and not the amount of eggs released. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Twins do not run my family, it was a complete shock!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Twins do not necessarily have to run in families. Identical twins are flukes, random occurrences in nature. Other twins are conceived with fertility assistance.

I don't know about hyperovulation after giving birth, but women who get pg while BFing are 9 times more likely to have twins. https://scienceblog.com/10638/chance-of-having-twins-can-be-modified-by-diet/

• Options
    imageCaitlinJ22:
    imageTheAbbotMommy:

Fraternal twins run in my family (we dont have twins though) and that is genetic if its on the moms side. ID twins as far as I know are not genetic and are spontaneous so most times they are a shock since its the cells dividing and not the amount of eggs released. 

Yes

You are wise. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"