St. Louis Babies

recommendations for OBs?

i just moved to St. Louis (Oakville, actually), and i found out i'm pregnant!
we just started trying in June, so we got really lucky! my due date is March 28th.

i got my first positive test the 21st, and i have not yet made my first OB appointment. i'm unfamiliar with the area, so i was hoping to get some recommendations from the locals!

first off, i have United Healthcare insurance.
second, i am interested in delivering vaginally, not being induced or having a C-section. i haven't quite decided about the whole epidural thing.
i'm looking for a good OB with an open mind (say, one who will let me get up and move around when in labor instead of keeping me on my back).

thanks in advance, ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: recommendations for OBs?

• Congrats!  I'm from St. Louis, but just moved to Oakville in December.  I haven't really discussed birth plans, etc., with my OB yet--this is my first.  I've been going to SSM Medical Group Sunset Hills Women's Center for my regular OB care for 19 yrs, but my normal Dr. there is not going to deliver babies after Oct. so I switched to another Dr. in the practice. 

Everyone I've dealt with there has been very nice/helpful and I've always felt like they were listening to me as a patient. 

They have 5 Dr.s and they're located at 3555 Sunset Office Drive, right near Hwy 44 and Watson/Lindbergh Roads.  The # is 314-238-9000.  I'm seeing Dr. Daniel Baumann and I know someone else who sees Dr. James Boedeker.

• I would highly recommen Dr. Applebaum with Women's Care Consultants located at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. I moved here 2 years ago from Nebraska and started seeing him for my annual. He was recommended to me by a friend at work who had just had twins. My husband and I are currently TTC. I have another friend that we recommended her to Dr. Applebaum who just delivered her baby two months ago with him and she also loves him!
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr. Lemoine and her whole practice at St. John's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr Janet Matuszek & Dr Kelly Ott are wonderful.  They were very open discussing my birth plan & supporting me with an unmedicated birth.  The nurses at St Lukes were incredible as well.  They have an office at St Lukes and one in St Peters. 

• Dr Kuebel at St John's Mercy!  He is the best and he wears a bowtie!! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageklauterw:

Dr Janet Matuszek & Dr Kelly Ott are wonderful.  They were very open discussing my birth plan & supporting me with an unmedicated birth.  The nurses at St Lukes were incredible as well.  They have an office at St Lukes and one in St Peters. 

I second Dr Matuszek.  She delivered my second child and the experience was so much better than how things were handled with my DD.

• imagehata44:
    imageklauterw:

Dr Janet Matuszek & Dr Kelly Ott are wonderful.  They were very open discussing my birth plan & supporting me with an unmedicated birth.  The nurses at St Lukes were incredible as well.  They have an office at St Lukes and one in St Peters. 

I second Dr Matuszek.  She delivered my second child and the experience was so much better than how things were handled with my DD.

I also rec the practice. I just had my second child with them.  Kelly is new to the practice, but I love her and she has great bedside manner. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Probably too late to reply, but I suggest Dr. Shelton. She's open to natural labor/delivery. She was a great OB. You will rotate prenatal appts with a CNM, as well. Her office is located near West County Mall at 270/Manchester.

St. John's Mercy Medical Group

1715 Deer Tracks Trail Ste 110
    Saint Louis, MO

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • I'm in Oakville and I go to Dr. Laura Hulbert.  Her office is in the Alexian Brothers office building on Lemay Ferry next to Mehlville High School.  She delivers at St. Clare, St. Anthony's, and Missouri Baptist.
    For the photo junkies: Canon 50D, 35mm 2.0, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, 28-135 Natural Light, Prop addict, CS5, LR3 www.jackiekphotography.com BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAlmostMrsI:

Congrats!  I'm from St. Louis, but just moved to Oakville in December.  I haven't really discussed birth plans, etc., with my OB yet--this is my first.  I've been going to SSM Medical Group Sunset Hills Women's Center for my regular OB care for 19 yrs, but my normal Dr. there is not going to deliver babies after Oct. so I switched to another Dr. in the practice. 

Everyone I've dealt with there has been very nice/helpful and I've always felt like they were listening to me as a patient. 

They have 5 Dr.s and they're located at 3555 Sunset Office Drive, right near Hwy 44 and Watson/Lindbergh Roads.  The # is 314-238-9000.  I'm seeing Dr. Daniel Baumann and I know someone else who sees Dr. James Boedeker.

this, I see Dr. Baumann, he is great! 

CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • I definitely recommend Dr. Matuszek.  She is wonderful!
  • I'm the second to recommend her... Dr. Lemoine at St. Johns Mercy.  She has i think 5 other doctors in the office that would take the same insurance and they are all very open to doing things the way that makes you most comfortable.  I've been super crazy about the baby and they have ALL been amazing and helpful in every way.  
    image  image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats! I am born & raised in Oakville - I hope you like it thus far! Dr. Thomas Whalen was referred to me by a friend and I absolutely love him! His practice is out of St. Johns as well.
    Happily Forever After! BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"