March 2011 Moms
Options

4 month check up

DD had a terrible time when she got her 2 month shots. Screamed for a solid 30 minutes after, took a nap, then cried for 2 days straight. Her pedi decided to give her just the DTaP today and we go back in 2 weeks for the others. She didn't even make a peep! She just kept looking at me, probably trying to figure out why I had my teeth clenched. It was amazing!

Plus, she's 2 months ahead developmentally (in some areas) and in the 75 percentile!

Re: 4 month check up

• Options
    Awe She is being such a good girl for Mama!
  • Options

Poor girl ... I'm happy that here they don't give babies shots until 5 months old.

Just wondering - what exactly does it mean that she's developmentally ahead by two months? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nattnnattn member
    imageapricoty:

Poor girl ... I'm happy that here they don't give babies shots until 5 months old.

Just wondering - what exactly does it mean that she's developmentally ahead by two months? 

I don't think it's unusual for them to be ahead developmentally, but the pedi said that based on how DD acts and all she can do already. There are milestones that babies should reach by a certain age.

DD starting rolling front to back about a week before she turned 2 months, and she's rolling back to front now. The doctor put her on her belly to look her over and DD was scooting all over the place, the doctor said it won't be long before she's crawling. The doctor said she's probably going to reach all her milestones ahead of time. I'm not exactly excited about her being mobile ahead of schedule, but it's just a relief every time she reaches a milestone because I have a niece and 2 nephews that the doctor really worried about because they were always close to the bottom on the percentile chart and struggled with reaching milestones.

• Options
    imagenattn:
    imageapricoty:

I don't think it's unusual for them to be ahead developmentally, but the pedi said that based on how DD acts and all she can do already. There are milestones that babies should reach by a certain age.

DD starting rolling front to back about a week before she turned 2 months, and she's rolling back to front now. The doctor put her on her belly to look her over and DD was scooting all over the place, the doctor said it won't be long before she's crawling. The doctor said she's probably going to reach all her milestones ahead of time. I'm not exactly excited about her being mobile ahead of schedule, but it's just a relief every time she reaches a milestone because I have a niece and 2 nephews that the doctor really worried about because they were always close to the bottom on the percentile chart and struggled with reaching milestones.

Good girl!  I was just curious :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"