April 2011 Moms
Options

Schedule question

Does anyone actually have one?  We're going through that period where he is sleeping like a newborn again and I'm up all night.  He had somewhat regulated himself before this, but we've never had a set "schedule".  He eats every 3 hours or so unless he's sleeps through his feeding, so I don't ever have specific times he eats.  And he doesn't take consistent naps.  He'll go down roughly the same time each night and up in the morning, but the rest of the day is a crapshoot.

Anyone have suggestions or even just having a working schedule so I know it's possible?

TIA!

Re: Schedule question

• Options
    I'm interested to hear what people have to say.  the daycare says DS only sleeps 30-45 minutes for naps.  He sleeps real well at night and eats every 3 hours as well.
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think I'm one of the luckiest moms alive (and now that I am telling everyone his schedule he is sure to change it)

My LO sleeps from about 9:30pm to 6:30-7am with only grunting and squirming at night (he's out cold but I have to turn my monitor way down so I can sleep)

He's on 4 feeds a day.  He eats 7 ounces when he wakes up, another 7 around noon, another 7 around 5-6pm, and 8 ounces at 9pm (bedtime)

In between he plays for 2 to 3 hours and then naps for 2 to 3 hours, up until the 5-6pm bottle, he doesn't sleep after 6:30pm until he goes to bed at 9:30.  This can make for a fussy baby - I can set my watch by him.  At 7:30 he gets into his "I want to be held and walked for the next hour and a half" mode.  No matter what I do, he insists.  Horrible for restaurants, great for working off dinner.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LO eats every 3 hours too...but i have him on a schedule, we just kind of fell into it.

he naps, plays, eats...all in a 3 hour period (roughly)....repeat, all day long. 

He goes to bed around 9:00 (he picked that time on his own and it works great for me), eats again around 2:00 or 3:00am, then we are up at 5:00.  and the cycle starts.  I always give him his first bottle at 6:00, no matter how he is acting. That way, it keeps him on track for the rest of the day.

I started making him nap, i think that really helped us. I knew it was about time for him to start getting tired, so i would make the house nice and quiet, bink him, and eventually he would go to sleep.

he does one 1 hour nap in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. The rest are cat naps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"