Single Parents

overnight visitations?

I was wondering at what age a lawyer will say it's okay for the father to keep the baby over night?

My ex bf and i had broken up because of his mother, he still lives with her and she expects me to drop off dd before 6 weeks. She said she will get a lawyer involved to get his rights since i'm not comfortable with her staying away from me for the weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: overnight visitations?

• DD is only 6 weeks old and he wants overnight visitation?  That's way too soon.  I'm not sure how it usually works but I think around 18 months is standard.  Are you EBF?  I think overnights are not an issue when you are EBF.
  • btj357btj357 member
    Yes i am. I was hoping that something would influence her staying with me rather than her having to stay with him.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLakinn:
    Yes i am. I was hoping that something would influence her staying with me rather than her having to stay with him.

I believe so, that's what I was told by my attorney (I'm in CA).  Have you sought legal counsel yet?  If not, I would.  And don't listen to what your ex is saying, they all will try to throw their weight around.

• d

This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS 

• I'm having a c-section in 8 weeks and BD has already told me he will do everything in his power to take our DS away from me (we are in CA). This was almost in the same breath he told me about taking his new gf for a weekend getaway. Nice guy, huh? Anyway, I'm far from an unfit mother, so I'm not too worried about that, I'm just worried about him having our son overnight, as well. I plan to EBF as I did with my daughter for the first 5 months or so (until she started on solids). Not really sure what to do.

• I'm in a very pro-father state, we have 50/50 physical custody (despite my protests) and my DS is EBF (now on solids, too, since 6 months) and XH won overnights starting at 8 months, but on a very limited basis.  2 per month until 1 year of age, 1 a week from 12-15 months, then 2 non-consecutive a week from 15-18 months, then 2/2/3 on the same schedule as our older DS.  The reasoning was that XH has always been an involved father (and a good dad, I would never deny that), had been having overnights on 2/2/3 with our 2.5 year old, and I pump for work so I (apparently... as far as the judge could see) can pump overnight as well.  I fought tooth and nail for no overnights until 12 months, but I lost.  At least he's recently sleeping through the night so I don't have to pump overnight anymore, which was my biggest argument.

I, too thought 18 months was standard... don't put too much faith in that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"