Food Allergy
Options

soy intolerance -> pea intolerance?

If you have a LO that reacts to soy, does he/she also react to peas/other legumes?  DS is dairy/soy/rice intolerant.  We tried feeding him peas for the first time last night, and today he's having copious loose BMs.  I'm just wondering if there's a connection between him reacting to soy and him reacting to peas, or if this could be possibly a side effect of gas caused by having peas for the first time (he had a LOT of gas this morning).  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: soy intolerance -> pea intolerance?

• Options
    Yes, for both of my kids and for myself.  We can't tolerate any legumes - soy, peas, beans, peanuts, etc... it ALL messes us up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    abs05abs05 member

In our case, no.  However, she HATED the Gerber brand peas and green beans.  She threw them all right back up and screamed bloody murder.

However, the Plum Organics brand have been great.  No problems and it is one of her favorites!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In our case soy and peas were the same. In fact, when she stopped reacting to soy, she also stopped reacting to peas.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  These are fancy pouch organic peas and actually taste pretty decent to me.  I guess I'll give it another day and try once more just to confirm, and then shelve them if we get the same response.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is allergic to both milk & soy & now oats too. We've given him peas and did not have a problem. I only use Earth's Best Organics or make my own. Maybe you're LO is having a reaction to the pesticides, preservatives or other ingredients.
  • Options
    My daughter is allergic to soy, peas, pinto beans, peanuts, green beans, etc.  Any kind of legume it seems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"