Food Allergy
Options

those who found out about lo's allergies at 1 year and up. . . .

I have been reading through posts on here and it seems as though people have been feeding their lo's foods they are allergic to prior to getting an allergy test done (wheat, eggs, milk, soy, etc).  Did your lo have any symptoms when being exposed to these foods?  My lo has had a few respiratory sounds that we have been concerned about, but not sure at all if they are food/allergy related.

Re: those who found out about lo's allergies at 1 year and up. . . .

• Options
    We found out DS was allergic to soy, eggs, and peanuts right after his 1st birthday.  We thought he was allergic to dairy so we swithced him to soy formula around 6 months!  He had many symptoms including severe eczema, gastrointestinal problems like cramping, gas, and bloating, frequent ear infections (finally got tubes) and had several bouts with wheezing and upper respiraory infections (required nebulizer), he also had severe reflux and projectile vomiting.  I had tried eggs once (vomited and diarreha) with him but when we saw the pediatric gastro (prior to known allergies) they made us stop all dairy.  Obviously he has never had any peanut products.  We know believe he has a milk protein intolerance because he is not even tolerating lactaid.  Basically, my poor child has been eating/drinking foods which made him very ill for a year.  The pediatrician never took me seriously and at his 1 year appt i forced them to do allergy testing!  It has been a long and very frustrating year.  Once we stopped the soy formula DS's eczema and vomiting improved drastically!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't find out about ds's soy allergy until age 2.5 when we went looking for the cause of his eczema. We eat very clean at home so he was never expose to much soy, but what he did have caused eczema and if soybean oil touched him (like in salad dressing that has a high concentration of it) he would have a contact reaction which would cause those spots to turn bright red.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"