VBAC
Options

similar stories?

My DD was born nearly three years ago via c-section.  I was induced at 40 weeks and three days.  I had high blood pressure which is why I was induced.  I pushed for four hours before the decision was made to have a c-section.  My epidural didn't work so I was in pain (obviously) and so tired and ready for it to be over. Other than that, there was no other reason to have the c-section. Now I am pregnant again and on the fence about having a VBAC or just scheduling a c-section.  

I am looking for similar stories or advice or thoughts or inspiration. 

I aslo am going to a new fabulous Dr. and he said we is fine with whatever we decide. 

I am somewhat scared to have another c-section but also scared to go thru labor and pushing and end up with another c-section.  

Thanks!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Riley ~ 08/18/2008 natural m/c 9/7/07 missed m/c 8/1/11 d&c 8/18/11

Re: similar stories?

• Options

I wasn't induced, but I did push with DS1 for 4 hours. I know how you feel with the exhaustion, etc. during the c-section. It was a bad experience for me.

I just had a VBAC last fall with DS2. I labored faster than I did the first time, and pushed for two hours, but DS2 was 10+ lbs, so that had a lot to do with it (though two hours of pushing is still within the range of normal for first-time vaginal birth, VBAC included). There's a decent amount of women on here who had failure of descent with their c-sections, but pushed the second one out just fine.

I won't lie, pushing was hard, and I was convinced for most of it that I was going to have another c-section, but a lot of that was my own issues about DS1's birth. Hope that helps somehow!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

I am not pregnant, yet. But my story is similar to yours. My DD was born nearly a year ago. I was induced at 40 weeks 6 days. I labored for approximately 7-8 hours, pushed for 2 of those. My epidural did not working. I was exhausted and in a lot of pain. While I did not want a c-section I begged for someone to help me. To get my epidural working, however there was no time. My DD went into distress and I had an emergency c/s and had to be put under. I missed the birth of my daughter. I missed hearing "Its a Girl" (we were team green) it was not until 4 hours after her birth that I got to see my daughter for the first time. I had breathing complications due to vomiting during labor that caused me trouble breathing after the breathing tubes where removed.

DH and I want to start trying again in September for number 2 yet I am scared. I really do not know what to do. I am constantly going back and forth because I am afraid that if I go through labor I will end up with another c/s that will be just as bad as the first. (Recovery for me was not bad at all it was the emergency and after that did me in)

To  make things more complicated, we want 4 kids total. I know it is entirely possible to have 4 c/s my aunt had 4. She never went into labor with her kids even with induction but the risks of multiple c/s scare me. My husband has pass out issues with bodily fluids and blood. While I was in labor he did not move from the top of the bed. When I was rolled away for the c/s he said he could not be in there. Had I not needed to be put under my mom would have came in.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My story was similar - at 41wks5days I went in for induction.  After 59 hours of induction and 2 hours of pushing, I just couldn't do it.  I was so exhausted and starving (no food for over 30 hours).  I gave up and I've hated myself every day since.

I do have a fear of failing again. But honestly, I'd rather go through it again and fail, then not try at all.  I'm going to give myself the very best opportunity to succeed (accupuncture, a doula, a new doctor, hypnobabies, walking around, etc, etc).  And if I still end up with a c-section, then I think I'll feel better about my first, because maybe I'm not truly made for birthing.  But, I don't believe that and I have faith that I will be able to VBAC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was induced at 41 weeks and had my c/s after a couple hours of pushing.

Here's my VBAC story :)

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/52779569.aspx 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"