D.C. Area Babies
Options

random b-day party question

My son has requested a Spiderman cake for his b-day party next week.  I'm planning on doing a layer cake and putting Spiderman's face on the top.  I'm going to use this recipe

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Glorious-Red-White-and-Blue-Cake-366289

I was planning on dying the middle layer blue and maybe doing some blue piping.  Dh thinks blue cake is unappetizing and a bad idea.  Any thoughts?  I know I'm over analyzing this.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: random b-day party question

• Options
    I made a red, white and blue cake for 4th of July and it tasted just fine. 
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think a blue cake for a boy's bday is just fine!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't be worried about it not being appetizing although keep in mind the colors will go right through the kids if you know what I mean ;) 
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options
    My almost 3 year old just said he wanted a blue cake for his birthday.  If you did n't want to go all the way with the blue cake, put a layer of blue frosting in the middle between the layers.
  • Options
    People ate my rainbow cake and in no way do I find blue cake unappetizing, I would totally eat it no problem. 
  • Options
    kastlekastle member

i think it's fine.

actually, on pinterest, I've seen lots of "blue velvet cake" but i have no idea what's in it (besides obviously copious amounts of food coloring!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"