D.C. Area Babies
Options

Some random kid-related vents on a Monday morning.

1. STUFF. We have so much baby stuff that I really want to trash/donate/sell/throw off a cliff. We had to clear out our basement bedroom for a guest yesterday and it blows my mind how much crap we have. We will probably have #2 in the next few years, but damn. I want to ditch this crap and start over. Our closets and storage room are overflowing with jumperoos, bassinets, and snap-n-go stroller.We have it scattered in any spare space, but it could easily fill an entire room. And I think we're pretty minimalistic when it comes to baby stuff!

2. STORIES. C insists on reading the same book before bed every. single. night. There is no deviation. If we read something else, he will whine and ask for "piggy book" or throw a true fit.  Thank gawd it is a cute book that DH and I both actually like, but still - it's getting old, kid.

3.  SEPARATION ANXIETY. Or total lack thereof. We left C for a few days with M&FIL while we went on a mini-vacay. I didn't think he'd have a problem because he's there multiple times a week and has spent the night (even multiple nights) plenty of times. But evidently he didn't even notice we were gone : ( A. I'm annoyed that MIL told us this and made is seem like such a good thing. and B. I think it's kind of BS because I saw him BAWL when I left him there and DH says the first thing C does every morning is badger him about where Mama is. Not that I ever, ever want my kid to be unhappy, but it would be nice to know that he kinda missed us a little bit.

Anyway, that's the obnoxiousness on my mind this morning. Anyone else? 

Re: Some random kid-related vents on a Monday morning.

• Options
    That book IS cute (though I imagine not every night) I totally just bought a used one on Amazon...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD loves Perfect Piggies and frankly, I find the book so annoying. Especially because it gets read daily! I try to skip pages and she totally calls me out on it and then makes me start over at the beginning.

My number 1 vent for the moment is no napping. Since DH is pretty much out of commission with his back, the no napping thing is extra annoying. Yesterday, I was determined to get a nap out of her and tried my hardest to wear her out with swimming lessons, a trip to Target and the grocery store, visit to the Farmer's Market and then back to the pool. No nap.No indication of even being tired. I am exhausted and she goes full steam all day.

Vent #2- she was given this fancy party type dress for her birthday and it is satin with flowers and crinoline underneath. She insists on wearing everywhere. It is bloody hot and she has it on today with rain boots. I want to throw it away but getting her dressed is such a battle that I just give in and let her wear the da** dress.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would like to whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine because that is what J has been doing lately. I think it's mostly because we just got back from vacation and how DH is gone on a work trip, so his little routines are all f-ed up, but still.

Also, getting us both ready together in the morning when DH is not around is so hard. I really don't know how single parents do it. I tried to get everything ready last night, but I still spent 10 minutes looking for a shoe (mine), then J started smearing lotion all over himself, he didn't want to put on pants, he didn't want cereal/he wanted more cereal . . . gah.

Sorry about the separation anxiety. I'm sure it helps that he's with your MIL/FIL all the time. When J spends a weekend at my mom's, he could care less either because he spends a lot of time with her. But when we left him at my dad's overnight for the first time, he was attached to us like a leech when we got back. I'm sure he missed you! He just knows that you'll be back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

DS loves to throw things, hard, I swear I've never been hurt so much, physically, until I had kids! He is still a screamer, I thought it'd get better after the 1st b-day but it didn't. DD was talking at this age but he's not (just a few words) so that makes it harder for him to communicate, so he screams, a lot, loudly.

DD throws fits every morning and night now. And the jealousy! both of them! I can't hold one w/out the other one having a screaming fit.

I tried to cut DS' nails y'day and it was as if I was cutting him open. I used to do it while he napped in my arms but now that I put him in his crib, I have to cut them when he's awake. I only got a few b4 the screaming made me give up and stop.

I was avoiding using the washer/dryer and dishwasher b/c you are supposed to limit the use during extreme heat. DD ran out of underwear (she has like 20 pairs!!) So I put on a pair MIL bought for DS for when he is older, it's boy's training, padded, underwear. She insisted on wearing it to school today. She also insisted on a dress. I don't usually let her wear dresses to school b/c they inadvertenly end up in the toilet when she goes potty. So my 2 3/4 y.o. is wearing a dress and boy's undies to school today. They'll know she dressed herself, right?

• Options

LO's new favorite toy is one that plays music. And barnyard noises. And lights up. And beeps. OMG. I want to poke out my ears.

But he is mesmerized by it. 

Then I felt guilty that I was hiding the toy from him (not really - I just forgot we had it until I looked in his closet for something else and brought it out for him). I feel like we need to be doing more to stimulate him.

• Options
    imagemssaint:

LO's new favorite toy is one that plays music. And barnyard noises. And lights up. And beeps. OMG. I want to poke out my ears.

Then I felt guilty that I was hiding the toy from him (not really - I just forgot we had it until I looked in his closet for something else and brought it out for him).

This made me laugh because we got this as a gift, and I swear it's the creepiest, most evil toy ever. I haven't hidden it from DD yet, but she's less interested in it these days. Somehow lots of parents I know have ended up with it, and we all hate it. I will definitely get rid of it before we have another kid. It reminds me of this commercial.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
  • Options
    imageVARedhead:
    imagemssaint:

Then I felt guilty that I was hiding the toy from him (not really - I just forgot we had it until I looked in his closet for something else and brought it out for him).

This made me laugh because we got this as a gift, and I swear it's the creepiest, most evil toy ever. I haven't hidden it from DD yet, but she's less interested in it these days. Somehow lots of parents I know have ended up with it, and we all hate it. I will definitely get rid of it before we have another kid. It reminds me of this commercial.

That is kind of scary looking!

LO's toy is this one:

https://www.vtechkids.com/product/detail/479/Sit-to-Stand-Learning-Walker

He just plays with the toy part - the handles and wheels are still packed away since he's too little. But he loves it. 

• Options
    imageVARedhead:
    imagemssaint:

Ahahaha! DH eventually hid that thing in the basement. And then inexplicably the batteries died and have never been replaced. It is almost as creepy as this cat someone gave C that says the "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer in this detached sad child voice.

• Options
    imageVARedhead:
    imagemssaint:

AAAAAHHHH!!! My grandparents got DS #1 that puppy as a gift and we are terrified of it. Does yours go off randomly in the middle of the night - from a vacant room? Because ours does, and it's freaky $h!t!!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageVARedhead:
    imagemssaint:

My mom bought DS that same puppy.  I sent it to daycare. 

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. STUFF - us too - we're trying to sell some of the stuff he's grown out of on CL, but no one is biting.

2. Testing Boundaries - WOW - he has been all.about.this for the past few weeks.  I'm so over his throwing food on the floor!  I started makingh him clean it up, but he thinks that's fun.  oy

• Options
    imagevtmezzo:
    imageVARedhead:
    imagemssaint:

AAAAAHHHH!!! My grandparents got DS #1 that puppy as a gift and we are terrified of it. Does yours go off randomly in the middle of the night - from a vacant room? Because ours does, and it's freaky $h!t!!! 

Yep.  It's completely freaky.  I hate it too.  Someone gave DD My Pal Violet and it is equally terrible.  

• Options
    imageHey Jellisy:
    imagevtmezzo:
    imageVARedhead:
    imagemssaint:

Yep.  It's completely freaky.  I hate it too.  Someone gave DD My Pal Violet and it is equally terrible.  

Violet is creepier I think...but perhaps it's creepier that we have gotten used to it...mainly because it's magic in terms of getting DD#2 to sleep.  We only use it then

• Options
    imageamh_navyblue:
    imageHey Jellisy:
    imagevtmezzo:
    imageVARedhead:
    imagemssaint:

Violet is creepier I think...but perhaps it's creepier that we have gotten used to it...mainly because it's magic in terms of getting DD#2 to sleep.  We only use it then

Aw, I kinda liked Scout (the "boy" version of Violet...)

DD is obsessed with farm animals/Old McDonald.  And, coloring. 

• Options

I kind of like Violet too.  It is no where near the most annoying toy for me.  I hate it when you pack up for a trip and somewhere in the trunk (of our small SUV so it is open to the car) there is a toy whose button gets pushed every time you turn or go over a bump.  Then you are reaching over trying to find the toy inly to find it has no off button (who makes toys like that???).  Currently Rudolph the Hallmark toy that sings is the most annoying for me - it is SO loud - or Leap who sings the alphabet in the most annoying voice ever.

As for the spearation anxiety, everything seems to be a phase.  There are weeks where one kid or the other is bawling when I do daycare drop off and then there are weeks where they run off to play.  I just came back from a 4 day girls' weekend away and I thought Molly would be all over me but it was Maggie that ran to me when I did daycare pick up on Monday.  Molly saw I was holding Maggie and just ran to Daddy so she would have someone too.  This is odd because Molly is the clinger right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"