D.C. Area Babies
Options

F/U Breastfeeding

A few weeks ago I posted about my struggles with breastfeeding, specifically my crappy supply. Everyone was super supportive and I really appreciated it. I just wanted to not only say thanks, but also let everyone know that I've managed to boost my supply and it appears we are now on the right track. Fingers crossed that this continues!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: F/U Breastfeeding

• Options
    Yay!!  Best of luck going forward. 
  • Options

that's awesome, thanks for the update!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work :-)
  • Options
    Yay!  glad things are improving and thanks for the update!
  • Options

wonderful!

if you don't mind sharing, what worked best for you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLindseyJW:

wonderful!

I'm not sure if it was one thing or a combo of things. Honestly, if I were to guess, I would say it was the pumping like a mad women. Basically, I took 3 capsules of fenugreek 3 times a day (9 pills every day), pumped 7-8 times a day, ate oatmeal for breakfast every day and drank a bunch of water. It took about 4-5 days to start to see results and ~7 for my supply to get where it needed to be. After that I slowly dropped a pumping session every day or two. Now I only pump twice a day but it's more for my stash than supply.

That said, it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

• Options
    imagehsbbride:
    imageLindseyJW:

wonderful!

I'm not sure if it was one thing or a combo of things. Honestly, if I were to guess, I would say it was the pumping like a mad women. Basically, I took 3 capsules of fenugreek 3 times a day (9 pills every day), pumped 7-8 times a day, ate oatmeal for breakfast every day and drank a bunch of water. It took about 4-5 days to start to see results and ~7 for my supply to get where it needed to be. After that I slowly dropped a pumping session every day or two. Now I only pump twice a day but it's more for my stash than supply.

That said, it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

thank you for sharing.

that's wonderful! and commendable! i'm sure that was super hard work, but i bet it feels great to know that you were able to do it for the sake of your child's health. i wish everyone (who wanted to) could.

don't be alarmed if you notice a dip in supply again when AF comes back. not all, but many women notice a dip in the two weeks between ovultion and AF. comes right back around day 2-3 of AF for me. i pump more than DD eats the first two weeks of my cycle, and use it during the second two weeks!

happy nursing, mama!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"