Georgia Babies

Yet another Disney question..

We are going in 2 weeks for the boys birthdays. I'm having a hard time deciding if we should bring a stroller or not? Grant hasn't been in a stroller (at all) in the last 1.5 years, and Reid hasn't been in one for almost a year. I don't know if they would sit in one now, but I know its going to be long hot days and it would probably be nice to have one for them to sit in.  So, would you bring a stroller for you 3 and 5 year olds?
Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08

Re: Yet another Disney question..

• For my kids, YES.  I love to have my own stroller b/c they both love to ride in the stroller and I like to have a place to stick a diaper bag, cup holder, snacktray, etc.  But if your kids are not used to it anyway, I would probably leave it at home and just rent one of the park double strollers if you find that you need it.  Their strollers are AWESOME for big kids- not good for babies, though.  Have fun.

• maykatmaykat member

For your boys' ages, I would rent one.  This is what we plan to do going forward for trips to Disney.

• Loading the player...
  • Absolutely I'd bring a stroller.  The Disney parks are big...huge even and your boys will probably tire quickly due to the heat. 

When we went last November for a couple of days, I brought just the umbrella stroller for Jack.  That was a mistake because Ethan wanted us to carry him a lot because he was tired.  It may have not been miserably hot but you do just a ton of walking and it can be hard for small children. 

When we planned our May vacation, I purposefully bought the City Mini Double for the trip and it was worth every penny.  If you don't have a double stroller to take, look into renting one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with Slw. Once my boys get to the point of walking more then riding we'll rent one from disney. It's such a pain to take a double stroller on/off the buses. But right now Bryce is to small for the disney strollers and Bailey loves to ride in the stroller so we bring our own.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think you'd be ok renting one from Disney if the boys end up getting tired. They are good for big kids and supposedly easy to push. The main stroller part is when you are going between sections of the park and want to be able to move faster than a little one might walk. It would be nice not to have to deal with a stroller getting on/off the buses or trams so just dropping off a Disney stroller is nice that way. They aren't the cheapest though so look up the rental fee, just in case.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • K&P414K&P414 member
    For that age I would definitely rent one at the parks.  A double will be plenty big enough for both of them.
  • I can't give advice because we haven't been yet, but we are planning to rent a City Mini double for the boys once we get there (no room in our car to buy one like Amanda did, we will be taking our City Mini single for Lauren though).  We will not be taking buses, so once our car is unpacked we will have room for strollers to drive to Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and downtown (can take the boat to MK from Wilderness Lodge).

My boys are like yours, and have not ridden in a stroller in quite a while, but I want to be able to easily keep up with them and give them a resting spot while we are on the move (although I'm really hoping they don't fall asleep in the park, then they would miss something I had planned for them, ha!!).

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"