Preemies
Options

Remembering my first post on the Preemie Boards...

I think of this whenever someone announces that they've joined our group & thought I'd share because it's humorous to me now that it's 'history':

The night I had DS was the scariest night of my life. My water had broken in the early hours of morning & I was waiting tables on a busy Saturday night while I was in labor & didn't know it. The pain from my endo/ovarian cysts is so terrible that I may as well be in labor again as I sit here writing this.

When I was in the ambulance they broke it to me that I was having contractions.

15 minutes later I was pushing.

15 minutes after that DS slid out.

My pg had been textbook so I didn't know anything about preemies.

Two days later I put my waitressing clothes back on & was discharged with an empty womb and terror in my heart. I came home to TB & posted because that was all I could think to do...

You ladies left me the sweetest, cheeriest comments like "congratulations!" well wishes, etc...and I thought I was nuts (or all of you were!) - I was like uhhh congrats on what?? my baby is a tiny twig! PANIC! After watching the posts here over the next week my nerves calmed. NICU is terrifying, but it's not as scary as I thought looking back. I even have fond memories - lots of fond memories. When ladies join us I'm excited for their them & their babies (concerned, too, but happy - you know!) - just like all of you were for me.

There is no point to this post other than I wanted to share. Who knows, perhaps there is a lurker out there who is terrified and might feel a little better after reading that we've all been there before.

Re: Remembering my first post on the Preemie Boards...

• Options

Thank you for sharing. I am not sure what I posted when I first joined, but you made me curious enough to look for it.  I remember not quite fitting in on the Trimester boards before DD came, but felt like I was right at home from the first time I took the courage to post on this board. 

You have a way with words and pictures, urbanflowerpot!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageDenesdia:

Thank you for sharing. I am not sure what I posted when I first joined, but you made me curious enough to look for it.  I remember not quite fitting in on the Trimester boards before DD came, but felt like I was right at home from the first time I took the courage to post on this board. 

You have a way with words and pictures, urbanflowerpot!

Yes

You're welcome & thank you, too! Geeked

It's the only board I feel comfortable on now...3-6 mo.? Yeah, right!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kck329kck329 member

Annnnd I'm crying. I remember this day and it was so close to C's birth that I doubt I even responded at that point. Its amazing how far they have come!

And I agree, this is the only board I feel comfortable on now too. 3-6 months/May 2011/etc....just not the right fit anymore.

• Options
    I remember my first post too...I was terrified and all of these well wishes and congratulations were overwhelming in the best way.
    TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

This made me go back and look at my first post.  I posted from the hospital telling you all that I was going to have a preemie.  So many people posted and gave me encouragement and positive stories.  Then when he was born, I posted again and got lots of congrats.  Then there was the post when he was 2 days old about me worrying about clothes.  One of the uptight nurses told me I needed to get clothes for him when he was 2 days old.  Several of you were annoyed at my nurse for saying anything to me about clothes.  Looking back, I am annoyed too!  He didn't wear clothes for a month.  Talking to me about clothes on day 2 was not the best move on her part!

Lots of memories!

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"