LGBT Parenting
Options

Midwest G2G

Is anyone up for a Midwest g2g I know Mandy and I have been dying for one. I know us midwesters are a lil spread out so does anyone have an idea of common ground. I'm in Iowa, Mandy Indiana. Any others? Anyone wanna help plan. If you are interested pm me, your email and I'll throw together a list of those interested and try to map out some dates that work. I think a Midwest g2g is overdue and needs to happen.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Midwest G2G

• Options
    I'm in!!!
  • Options

I'm in! And 2 hours from Chicago.

Except I'm out Aug 5-7. Unless anyone wants to join me with some of my favorite diverse families camping on Lake Superior :)  It's the highlight of my summer. 

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think that the best option would be Chicago, depending on who else replies. I will look around the area for some cheap hotel stays, and we can decide as a group. We don't have to stay in the same place I suppose but I know Julie and I will be staying over. It's a 4 hour drive for us at least. I haven't ever been into Chicago any thoughts on what to do?
  • Options

We are interested and in Madison.  Chicago is about 2.5 for us.  Of course, we are about to have a newborn, so perhaps not this first one depending on date.

• Options
    You are in Madison, Wi? How did I miss this for so long. (((faceplant))) my bff is starting grad school there this fall, I will be spending A LOT of time there coming up. :)
  • Options
    Chicago? I LOVE Chicago!  I might be tempted to join ya'll ;-)  The Inn of Chicago is reasonably priced and in a great location.  I stayed there once for a conference so maybe we got a group rate but my employer was cheap so it couldn't have been that much :-p
  • Options
    Yes- Chicago!  Awesome!  Depending on dates, of course, we're in!
  • Options
    It would depend on the dates. I am coming from south western oh so not sure how long to chicago. I know it takes me a little over 2 hours to Indianapolis as my bff lices there and we try to visit every few months.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Chicago! We're in Arkansas and I've been trying to get up that way to take J, she's never been. There's A LOT to do in Chicago lol There's also a RE clinic up there that we need to look at
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

As long as your hotel is off the el, and preferably the red line, you'll be fine.  I would recommend staying in Evanston (Best Western University Plaza)--it is much much cheaper, and easier parking, etc.  You can take the train into Chicago very cheaply. 

For stuff to do:  Who would be coming with kids?  There is the Lincoln Park Zoo, (free and good with or without kids) and museum campus downtown (museum of sci and industry, field museum, etc.)  I recommend the "Boys Town" area (near Wrigley field--lots of gay stuff. Not so much stuff for kids.  Or Andersonville (little further north)  Cute shops, coffee shops, Women & Children First bookstore (best ever) restaurants, etc.  

If anyone is an avid rummager (like me) there's a huge (million dollar home) neighborhood rummage, Sept 10. 

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"