Blended Families
Options

Not loving the blabbermouths

Oldest SS has been hosting sleepovers this month, in part to spend time with friends before the move.  Last week he had 3 friends on Friday night, tonight he's also having 3 friends over.  In between, one of the friends had a sleepover with some of the kids coming over tonight.  SS got grounded for a day for brawling with his brother and couldn't go.  The kids at the sleepover were disappointed, so the mom said to all of them: "Don't worry; you'll all get to see SS at his sleepover on Friday." 

Well, all the kids weren't invited.  I talked with this mom today about plans to pick up her son, and she says, "Oh, did you get a hold of ____'s mom?  About the sleepover?"  Confused, I told her no, because we hadn't invited __________.  Then she tells me the story of how she told him he'd see SS at his sleepover tonight. 

No apologies, no surprise at her mistake, she just keeps going on about how he wanted to see SS. 

So, now I guess I'm calling ________ to invite him for tonight, bringing it to a total of five fifth grade boys invading my home for the evening.  I think I'll start drinking now.  Stick out tongue

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.

Re: Not loving the blabbermouths

• Options
    bebe11bebe11 member
    You are a brave woman.  My SS had 3 friends stay the night once and I thought I was going to go nuts.  Between pictures coming off the wall and frames breaking, to a kid getting shot with an air soft gun.... no thanks.  Now we limit it to one at a time :)

• Options

I can so feel your pain on this.  As a new SM with no clue what I was doing I told youngest SS when he was turning 8 years old that he could invite 4 friends to spend the night for his birthday.  I got 4 pizza's, a small cake and a movie for them to watch. 

4 friends arrived at the scheduled time.  I was puzzled when the door bell rang again and another child was dropped off, then other, then another.  I pulled SS aside and asked him how many kids he actually invited.  He tells me that he invited his WHOLE CLASS because he didn't want anyone to feel left out.  12 boys total showed up for the sleep over!!!  I had to send DH out in a hurry to get more pizza/cake etc.  We barely lived through the night. 

On top of that many parents didn't come to pick up their kid until 1 or 2pm the next day.  I felt like a free babysitting service.  Needless to say, birthday parties are now scheduled at rollerskating establishments/chucky cheese/ or any location than my home and for a few hours only.

Drinks  Good luck, lol.  Here is a martini but you might need to upgrade to tequilla shots before the night is over!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"