Health & Exercise

frustrated

Before I get all down on myself I wanted to ask on this board this: Is it possible to not lose any weight in a week but my body changing in other ways? I have been working my booty off these past three weeks in the gym with cardio and weights and doing lunges/squats and I completly 360 changed my eating habits and water intake. So in my mind, I should be seeing some pretty good numbers drop on the scale. The last two weeks were great but I weighed myself this morning and I was up .2! I don't get it! I am soo frustrated. I am really trying to get this excess 40 pounds off of me and I really am in aww that I did not lose this week and I gained .2.

Any help with this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: frustrated

• P.S.  I don't know if this matters or not but I did start my period this week so maybe thats it??
  • blue33blue33 member
    It's water weight gain. You will probably see a significant loss after your period goes away.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PP... Also, consider how your clothes are fitting.  Muscle weighs more than fat when it comes to surface mass being equal so don't get too down on yourself if the scale isn't cooperating.  Focus on how you're feeling!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly, when I want to see results I take measurements instead of the scale, just buy a flexible tape measure at a fabric store. Neck, Shoulders, Bust, Upper Arms, Waist, Hips (2 inches below your belly button), Thighs (put your arms to the side and the tip of your middle finger), Ankle. Put it in an excel spreadsheet and do it weekly(or monthly) and you will see a change, you can even calculate percentage because it's fun to see that you lost 10%! My weight rarely changes and it is very discouraging, but when I workout hard my inches ALWAYS show me results. There are many reasons for the actual weight not changing, from water, to your muscles swelling because you tear them (normal when you workout) to your body freaking out and not knowing what to do. Trust me that the inches will show you results and will keep you motivated! Good luck and don't get discouraged! Your hard work will pay off!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Most people lose around 2 pounds a week. You'll gain weight (water and/or muscle first) before you lose it. Remember, muscle weights more than fat. You should go buy how you feel and how your clothes are fitting verse looking at the scale. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I haven't given birth yet, so I don't know if this will help. When I first got pg I was just bordering on obese. In that first month of knowing I was pg I lost 20 lbs (I've tried to explain to people how bad the morning sickness was, but I can never seem to give it the scope it deserves). When the MS ended, I still lost 4 lbs due to eating healthier. I haven't gained a lb. I'm now in my third and I honestly do look pregnant now, but I am still wearing (and probably can for another couple of weeks) my before-pregnancy pants, because I'm carrying this girl so low, and I've lost so much weight. My weight hasn't changed at all since 14 weeks. But my body has changed immeasurably. I'm kinda excited just to see how everything looks after I give birth. DH tells me he can majorly see the weight loss. What I'm trying to say is... have patience. It will catch up with you, eventually. Just keep pressing on. Your body IS changing, even if you haven't noticed yet. We are our own harshest critics, are we not?
  • Really? .2 lbs? You realize your weight can fluctuate on a daily basis, right? Are you weighing yourself the same exact time every day? I know for me, I can vary by 3 or 4 lbs within a single day- it has nothing to do with gaining or losing true fat.

Also, 3 weeks of weights and cardio is great but it may just take longer for YOUR body to see results. Stay patient.  A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week. And the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing is true BUT you are not going to gain lbs and lbs of muscle that quickly so that it shows on the scale.

I would go by the way your clothes fit at first and again, give it a little time and keep working at it. It sounds like you're doing great. Are you keeping a positive attitude? Weight loss can also be a mental game (the Law of Attraction is amazing).

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"