3rd Trimester
Options

Officially weigh as much as my H

Boo.. I know this has happened to a lot of fellow bumpies but my H is almost 6 4! Ugh. I feel like a hef. My plan is to start weight watchers and breast feed after LO is here. I also want to start walking as a family. Not a good day as far as the news of my weight :(
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Officially weigh as much as my H

• Options
    I officially hit 200 pounds today..That was a little shocking. I think some of it is water weight but still..:(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just said this same exact thing to the nurse today!  But I officially outweigh my DH.  And I can't tell him, he will freak ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And I'm only 34 weeks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have not told him either.. He knows I was creeping up though. Ugh Its so not a good feeling as a woman. 
  • Options
    I am not sure what my DH weighs (its a closely gaurded secret of his lol) but I sure I am not too far behind him.  I do know one thing for sure, this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life.  I am even 15lbs over what I weighed at term with DS1.  Yikes!
  • Options
    Haha at my appointment today I stepped on the scale and DH looked and said "WOW!" My doctor looked at him and said, "Well that's one thing you should never say!" I know he was just joking, he's still got a good 20 pounds on me. I HOPE I don't catch up to him!
  • Options
    Meh. I'm 6" taller than my husband so I've always outweighed him. He's put on more weight in these 30 weeks than I have though, so we are closer on the scale than ever before!
  • Options

Try not to look at the scale at this point.

I like your weight loss plan. With DD, I lost all of the weight with walking and breastfeeding. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    Maybe to cheer you up - my friend gave birth 8 weeks ago and has been exclusively BFing. She has lost 45# withot exercise. She only gained 30 with the pregnancy.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebonitatinabina143:
    I officially hit 200 pounds today..That was a little shocking. I think some of it is water weight but still..:(

Me too! Well, 199 but close enough. I'm 5'10" but still...! I thought I was going to start crying at the doctor's office

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I passed DH up awhile ago - he is tall as well (6'2") but very thin. He tells people that he weighs 150, but I"ve never actually seen him stand on the scale and have it say anything outside of the 140's.
  • Options
    Im starting weight watchers right after LO gets here too! My mom is coming to stay with us for about 2 weeks and shes been really successful on WW so im excited she'll be here to get me going on the right foot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Options
    I'm within a couple pounds of my DH now as well!
  • Options
    MereBMereB member

FYI: not all women lose weight breast feeding.  I am one of those.  In fact, I had to keep the weight on to keep up my supply.  Every time I lost a few pounds, my supply would crash.  I had to eat and drink water soooooo much.  It's frustrating, but I kept the perspective that I had the rest of my life to lose weight, and just this year of breast feeding- to me that was worth it.

Oh, and I've outweighed my husband since I was pregnant with my son (who's 2 now). 

• Options
    It sounds to me like your DH is a very skinny 6'4".  Perhaps he just needs to gain some weight...
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    I surpassed my DH months ago. ::sigh::
  • Options
    I passed my husband 2 weeks ago... and he's a good 7 inches taller than me! He's pretty slim though, muscular, but slim.
  • Options

This was one of my great fears, as silly as that sounds. My husband still has about 20 lbs on me, so I think I'll be okay. Considering that he is 6'1'' and I'm 5'3'', it's a pretty narrow margin thoughIndifferent

I don't let him look at the scale when we are at the doctors. He waits in the exam room Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My H is over 220.. And that is why I am sad. I started out my pregnancy at 180 and at first said I would be really good and not let myself get over 200.. Well yea...Now I am at his weight and thats why I feel so awful. I shouldnt of let myself gain so much. With my next pregnancy I would like to start out smaller than I did with this one and watch it a bit more. During my morning sickness stage the only thing that made it go away was to constantly have something in my mouth. So maybe next time I will not have ms.. lol yea right wishful thinking
  • Options

imageStefaniePace:
    My H is over 220.. And that is why I am sad. I started out my pregnancy at 180 and at first said I would be really good and not let myself get over 200.. Well yea...Now I am at his weight and thats why I feel so awful. I shouldnt of let myself gain so much. With my next pregnancy I would like to start out smaller than I did with this one and watch it a bit more. During my morning sickness stage the only thing that made it go away was to constantly have something in my mouth. So maybe next time I will not have ms.. lol yea right wishful thinking

Yeah, this is pretty much me too. I was about 170 pp, and even though I have struggled with weight my whole life I never saw the dreaded 200 on the scale. I remember the day it happened. Now I'm about 18 lbs past that and feel like I'm going to be on the Biggest Loser soon.

Next time I'm also going to watch it more and add more exercise. I've been so paranoid about everything as a FTM I didn't really want to risk pushing it too hard at the gym, and started just walking. Really hoping it just kind of disappears after the birth like it does for some people...

• Options
    I weight 6 lbs more than my husband right now! He's tall and thin, but still... it's quite the blow to a girl's ego!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I passed my fiance months ago! Although he only weighs 132. Poor thing he's been trying to gain weight for awhile now but he never seems to put on any. I gain it all even when I'm not pregnant!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"