North Carolina Babies
Options

consignment sale advice?

yes, i know it's 9pm and i'm going tomorrow at 11am, but better late than never, right?

i'm going to my first consignment sale tomorrow on my lunch break. since we don't know the sex, i'm thinking of steering clear of clothes for the most part, but i'll be looking at PNP's and some other bigger items. any advice so i don't get crazy overwhelmed? i won't have a ton of time tomorrow, but i'm going to another sale next thursday where i'm taking a couple hours off work to go to the 1st time mom's sale time, only 300 are let in.

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011

Re: consignment sale advice?

• Options

What one are you going to tomorrow?  My first cosignment sale was very overwhleming and I went with my friend.  I bought a ton of stuff, much of which I never used (blankets, gender neutral clothes, some cute toys, etc).  My advice is take a list and stick to it!  Since this is your first - just take your time and since this is the beginning of the season, you'll have several opportunities to get more stuff. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Tomorrow: 

https://www.kidzexchange.com/SchedulesAndLocation.html

Next week:

https://tottradecharlotte.com/

I'm viewing tomorrow as more of a trial run, get a feeling for what's around, maybe buy a couple things, then next week as the actual really looking for stuff day.

Thanks for the help! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't buy it if you dont' love it just because its a good price. you may find one you like better at a different sale (especially the tottrade).

Lucky duck I would Love to go to the first time mom's sale at tottrade but I can't get off work and we are having a new roof put on Friday so I won't be able to try and get to the first time moms/grandmas sale Friday night either. I'm going to attend with the masses first thing Saturday morning and hope you don't get ALL the good stuff. LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My tip is to look up (if you have time) what the going retail rate is for the stuff you are looking for. The first time I went I had no idea if the prices were really a steal on some of the stuff or not, like am I going to pay $7 for a potty that is used or can I get it for $10 brand new, etc. I felt overwhelmed. The next time I went I brought a list and next to the items I wanted I put the price I was willing to pay. I also brought a large bag to carry things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!! I did bring 2 reusable shopping bags just in case, but I'm going to try my best to just go and look today, then shop next week at the other sale. Unless I am in love with it, I told DH I'm not buying it... I've also spent some time over the past few days looking at what things go for on CL so I know if I can buy stuff cheaper there. I'm already overwhelmed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"