Preemies
Options

*Lurking*...

How many of you ladiers had to deliver early because of preeclampsia? Did you have c-sections, or deliver vaginally? How far a long in your pregnancy were you when you had to deliver? How long did your LO's have to stay in the nicu? Sorry I am kind of curious. Was at my 28 week appointment yesterday and my doctor said she was extremely concerned about my blood pressure and what not and went on to tell me all of the possibilities of what can happen... Needless to say that I have been freaking out ever since and am looking for a little bit of reassurance! Good look with you LO's!!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: *Lurking*...

• Options

I had pre-eclampsia that never got caught until it was severe and turning into HELPP syndrome. I had a c-section and I was 33 weeks exactly Teagen stayed in the NICU for 32 days.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I had DD at 28 weeks exactly because I had sudden and severe pre-e.  I was diagnosed in the afternoon, admitted, had a seizure in the hospital that night and was transferred to a different hospital with a level 3 NICU the next morning.  They held off on the deliver for a few more days while they gave me the steroids for lung development.  DD was IUGR because of the pre-e and was 1 lb 11 oz  and 12.25 inches at birth despite being 28 weeks along.

DD spent 88 days in the NICU and came home just before my due date.  She had typical preemie issues, but they never feel typical to a first time parent with no NICU experience.  Our rollercoaster was on the "easy" side.

Did you doctor mention getting the steroids to you just in case they need to deliver your LO soon?  They (the steroids) do WONDERS.

Good luck!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My pre-e came on suddenly and developed into HELLP within a few days. I delivered DD via emergency c section at 31w1d.

Inducing at that gestation wouldn't do any good, since my cervis was no where near to giving up the goods, so we went straight to c section.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

My pre-e came on suddenly and developed into HELLP within a few days. I delivered DD via emergency c section at 31w1d.

Inducing at that gestation wouldn't do any good, since my cervix was no where near to giving up the goods, so we went straight to c section. She spent 39 days in the NICU and it was fairly uneventful.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

Oh honey I'm sorry that your having to ask these questions. I really hope and pray that you can keep cooking that LO for as long as possible. I had pre-e and I had blood pressure issues for quite some time during my pregnancy, but unlike your doctor who seems to be concern, my doctors weren't. They have been since fired! I ended up going in for my 33w appt, immediately sent to the hospital for observation, told I was being admitted. I got one steroid shot for DD lungs. I was immediately put on Mag. In the middle of the night my water broke and about 24 hours after I was admitted I delivered my LO via vaginal birth. My BP was under control and LO did pretty well during delivery. She spent 12 days in the NICU, was on the CPAP for 3 days, bili lights for jaundice for a few days too, and basically had to maintain her temperature and learn to eat. If you have any questions, please ask. 

• Options

Me. I had pre-eclampsia & slight IUGR. Beau weighed just 2.2lbs at birth. I had a c-section at 31 weeks exactly after the physicians tried to induce my labor for 3 days. My sweet boy stayed in the NICU for 54 days. No health issues other than being small for his age. He is a happy, almost 15lb, little bundle of energy. We thank God for him every day. I know it is hard, but try not to freak out. It won't help anything. Did your Dr. put you on bedrest?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedamabo80:

Inducing at that gestation wouldn't do any good, since my cervix was no where near to giving up the goods, so we went straight to c section. She spent 39 days in the NICU and it was fairly uneventful.

I wish someone hald told my docs this. 3 days spent on mag & pitocin with nothing but ice chips to eat. Awful!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"