Preemies
Options

I was speechless

So me and SO and Teagen ran out to walmart a while ago and while Teagen is still small she looks like a normal 2 month old baby instead of a 4 month old well the cashier was asking the basic questions...Whats her name, how old, and when she asked if she was early I said "Yes 7 weeks early" and she stopped ringing up my stuff and just look flabbergasted (sp) then she asked why and I told her I had pre-e and what came out of her mouth I could not even believe

"Oh my goodness you mustve felt awful for doing that to an innocent baby, I mean I know its an infection but really you could've prevented it and the baby wouldn't have had to go through all you put her through"

I did not even know what to say. Tongue Tied

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I was speechless

• Options
    Surprise WOW that was rude of her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

IndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferent

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Angry

Super Angry

Super Angry

I canNOT believe that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kck329kck329 member
    imageurbanflowerpot:

IndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferent

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Angry

Super Angry

Super Angry

I canNOT believe that.

This. Unless she somehow thought pre-e was an STD in which case I roll my eyes at her ignorance. 

What did you say?

• Options
    I didn'y say anything. I was literally speechless. SO reminded her to finish ringing us up we weere in a hurry. I do feel bad that I couldn't keep LO in longer though, its quite the touchy subject with me.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

People are so ignorant! I would have seriously had to consider a throat punch for sure....

I am so sorry you had to deal with that.

I probably would have said, "Me preventing Pre-E is like you preventing your own stupidity."

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That's terrible! What a b*tch!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Waaaaaaaaaaah? She clearly doesn't know what pre-e is. And even so, of COURSE you wouldn't do anything to purposely harm your kid. What a dummy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagehrking2011:
    I didn'y say anything. I was literally speechless. SO reminded her to finish ringing us up we weere in a hurry. I do feel bad that I couldn't keep LO in longer though, its quite the touchy subject with me.

I know...I think it is with a lot of us. I'm sure you know it isn't, but I'm going to tell you again because it never hurts - it wasn't your fault ::hugs::

• Options
    OscarQOscarQ member

I think I would have had the same reaction you had - speechless.  If I collected myself enough I probably would have told her she clearly had no understanding of pre-e since there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

I mean, she's clearly a nutjob since she those words actually left her mouth and she thought pre-e is an infection.  

• Options

WHAT???

Some people should not ever TALK! 

Sorry you had to deal with that. 

• Options
    I would say what it is, pre eclampsia can happen to anyone, just so you know.... bit*ch
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Wow, I think I honestly would have called for her manager to come over and educate her on things NOT to say to customers and what customer service is. It is definitely NOT being rude to a parent and saying something not even true.
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    wow! that is awful, i'm sorry. i get asked all the time "what caused it?" and i always think that's kind of a personal question!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersPhotobucket Keep up with Scarlette at http://kaylaaimee.com
  • Options

whoa.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"